Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
AL
City
Enterprise
Doubt anyone reads this things. Just wanted to mention my Dad passed.

Came to this forum a few times for a help and it was much appreciated. His ALS moved so quickly we were unable to get him any of the benefits he deserved for being a veteran. I tried my best for my Dad. My heart goes out to anyone suffering from this disease.

In January my Dad was fine. He died on Sept. 5, 2018 of acute respiratory failure caused by ALS. At the time of his death, he was in a nursing home, unable to move. No medical personnel seemed to know how to properly treat him. My dad didn’t want to die in a nursing home.

He was 58 years old. I have lived with him all my life.

If you are a family member of someone with ALS, please tell them you love them. If you suspect you or a loved one has ALS, talk to your doctor openly and honestly about your concerns.

I am so sorry for your loss. I know your dad felt your love and he was lucky to have you. Peace and healing to you as he flies free

I'm very sorry about your dad, Firefly. Though his final days were not at home, he knew you loved and wanted the best for him. Much peace and strength, and stop by any time that it helps you put the last year in perspective.

Best,
Laurie

I'm so sorry for your loss. May you find peace moving forward.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Know that your Dad knew and felt your love. The disease is a beast and totally out of anyone's control .

I’m so sorry to hear about how your dad went. My condolences along with wishes for peace and strength for you and your family.

Firefly, I am so sorry for your loss of your father. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

You are so right about telling your PALS that you love them.

Sharon

Firefly - I am so so sorry about your father. You were a great CALS. Sending thought for peace and comfort at this time.

Hugs

So sorry for your loss Firefly. Wishing you peace.

Real sorry for your loss. Thank you for being there for him. He is flying free now, free from the ALS monster. I wish peace for you and yours.

firefly, sorry your dad had to go this way and so quickly. I hope you can take your time to get to terms with everything and wish you much strength.

So sorry for your loss

Angie

Firefly, I'm so sorry that you lost your Dad and so quickly. May you find comfort in the years you had together and the love that you shared.

I'm so very sorry for your loss, Firefly. Your dad is now free. My thoughts are with you.

Joanna

so sorry, firefly, for your loss and for your pain. may your dad rest in peace and may you and your family find solace in a lifetime of memories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back