Diagnosis
05/2009
Country
Sou
State
Gauteng
City
Waterkloof Ridge
Thank you so much for those who offered a little help and insight for us at the end. My mom passed on the 16th. I am sure it was peaceful for her but it was still very hard for me to watch, I am grateful that I was with her but I now have to try and put it behind me for the sake of my family and move forward. I have had hundreds of questions run through my mind during the last couple of days of her life and the days that followed them. I have questioned everything and had so many doubts about how/why etc.

We do not have enough support for families living with MND/ALS in South Africa. It was a very difficult thing to try and navigate on my own without much assistance from the hospice or any medical Drs. this side.

The little bit of assistance or advise I received here was more than anyone present was able to offer us.

So thank you from the bottom of my heart. Keep on doing what you are doing, every little bit helps !!!!

I am so very sorry for your loss, and for the lack of medical support you were given. I am glad that you feel your mother was given a peaceful ending.

Please do realise that grieving a loved one does take time, and you can't just 'put it behind you', but you have to go through that grief. These many thoughts are a part of this. If you can find a counsellor to talk with during the next months it may really help you to sort through the many conflicting thoughts and feelings. I hope you find your own peace quickly - this disease is as bad as it gets and there is little we can do in reality. xxx

Very sorry for your loss, Liz, and that you did not have good support there. I am sure anything you can do to tell your story and advocate for others who are still caring for family, will be welcomed. Wishing you peace.

Best,
Laurie

I’m sorry for your loss. I appreciate how much you advocated for your mother. Your love for her shined brightly and she knew it. Peace and comfort to you.

Liz, I am so sorry for the loss of your mum. You had an incredibly difficult time of it- and I am sorry you experienced minimal support from your local medical community. You did the very best you could. I wish you and your family peace while you grieve.

Fiona

I am so sorry to read about your loss. My deepest condolences.

Steve

I'm so sorry for you loss. I'm sorry things were so difficult for her and you. Especially towards then end. We just want to magically take that suffering away and it's so very hard to not have the power to.
She is now free of this awful illness. And I'm sure so great full and proud of everything you did do for her.
Wishing you peace and rest in the days to come. May she rest in peace.
-Erika

So sorry for your loss! May peace be with you and your family.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Your feelings are normal and it will take time. I felt and sometimes still feel that way. I can't imagine having to navigate ALS without or with very little medical help. I'm sorry you had to go through that. You did the best that you could for your Mom. You loved her. That was the best medicine. Peace to you.

So sorry for your loss.

Angie

I’m so sorry for your loss. Wishing you peace and strength

Hugs,

Sue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back