Diagnosis
06/2016
Country
US
State
Arizona
City
Mesa
Mom passed away Wednesday, November 1st @ 5:30pm. She past on All Saints Day and what would've been my grandma's birthday (her mom). A beautiful day to go home. ♡
*We had a memorial mass for her on Friday and will be taking her back home this weekend where she will be put to rest.

It feels unreal. I feel like I'm still on "work" mode with so much still to do with phone calls, funeral home, hospice, airline tickets, funeral I'm mexico, etc, that I don't think it has really sunken in. Only in small waves.

Although we had a rough night, we were able to get her comfortable pretty quick thanks to a hospice nurse who was there with us changing doses and frequency as needed. After she left in the morning, we were able to keep her comfortable as promised. My brother was able to fly back and get to her just in time as my other sister watched on video chat. (What great things we can achieve with technology today♡). As sad as it was and is, it was also beautiful. She was sorrounded by family and love. I gave her so many kisses....they might last me a while. She had an army of prayer warriors every where and I know she is now in the precense of the Lord free of this illness.

I also know that I am eternally grateful to all of you. Thank you for all your help, suggestions, experiences; for rejoicing in our little victories and hearing me in our darkest days during her journey. Thank you thank you thank you!!!!

-Erika

So glad she was comfortable at the end, Erika, and that she was, as you say, surrounded by family and love. She was fortunate in the care that all of you provided her.

Best,
Laurie

Sorry for your loss Erika.

Angie

Oh Erika I'm so sorry for your loss but I'm also having a little cry with joy that you were able to get the dosages working and just give her what she needed and be there with her and get all that family and love into the room with her.

You will never forget this, that death is part of life, even when they are stolen from us too soon, it is part of life and there is beauty to be found in making that death dignified.

Much love to you - it does take a little while to sink in, but you know where we are.

Erica, I am so sorry for your loss. She is free now. You were a wonderful daughter and that will help you to go on.
Hugs,
Adriana

Erika, so sorry for the loss of your beloved mom. So happy that she is free from the monster. You all did a fantastic job caring for her and made her passing just as it should be. Much love!

Erica, sorry for your loss. We all hope for just a passing over as your moms. In my thoughts! Love ya chally

So sorry for your loss Erika, but as you say, it was a beautiful way for your mom to leave. I wish you much strength as you grieve her loss.

Dear Erika,

I’m so sorry for your loss. I know from reading your posts that you succeeded in making her feel loved and comfortable and that you were a wonderful daughter and CALS. Peace to you and your family.

I am so sorry for your loss. I am happy though she is free and that you were able to give the gift of a peaceful passing. Your love and devotion showed in every post and I hope you will be comforted by the knowledge that no one could have done more

Peace and comfort

Dear Erika,
You allowed her to have her family together. I am sure she is at peace now.
Hugs,
Jocalyn

So sorry for your loss, Erika. What love you showed for your mom. Wishing you and your family peace.

Erika, I am so sorry for your loss of your mom. Your love and wonderful care for your mother was evident in all your posts. I am so grateful that her passing was peaceful. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Sharon

Erika, so sorry to hear of your mother's passing. She is at peace now. I'm sure she was grateful to have you.

V

Erika - I am so very sorry for your loss. Sending much hugs and prayers as you move forward. Peace to you and your family.

Hugs,

Sue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back