Diagnosis
05/2016
Country
US
State
Minnesota
City
Cologne
I've never posted here, but have read many posts involving this horrible disease and how it affects everyone so differently. Early on October 18, my beautiful wife Mary moved on to to her next adventure, 7 days after her 56th birthday. She went very quietly, peacefully, and quite quickly, with myself and her daughter by her side as she took her final earthly breath. She had only been diagnosed less than 2 years ago. I was fortunate enough to be able to quit my job 13 months ago, and be her caregiver in our home until the very end. Being a caregiver is exhausting, frustrating, and fulfilling all at the same time. I will never regret it and I would have been lucky to care for her longer, but she decided it was time, and left on her own terms, keeping her dignity and strength right to the end. We were a team through it all as this disease stole her body from her little by little, every day, as we adapted our home for each new challenge. I miss her terribly, but know she's not suffering anymore. My heart is broken, and I feel a great emptiness, but she left me some beautiful grandchildren to keep me moving on. What we had was True Love.
ALS sucks
Gerry

So sorry for your loss Gerry! I agree ALS sucks! So wonderful that you were able to take care of her til the end. May peace be with you and your family.

What a beautiful tribute to your wife. It is clear how much you loved each other. So sorry for your loss.

Gerry, very sorry for your loss of Mary, but also glad to hear that she went out on her terms and was at peace. I hope you find much joy in your grandchildren and the rest of your family.

Best,
Laurie

So sorry for your loss.

Angie

So very sorry, Gerry. It’s good you were able to care for her and you two were side by side through it all. May your memories and grandchildren give you some comfort.
Tracy

I am so sorry Gerry. No words , only that I understand how you feel. Big hug to you and your family.
Adriana

So very sorry Gerry, may your children and grandchildren comfort you, lover n hugs Gem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back