Diagnosis
11/2014
Country
US
State
VA
City
Fairfax
My PALS, H (Harry), passed away very early Sunday morning, October 1st. His children and I were with him and we were able to keep him comfortable until the end. I can't write details - I'm struggling to get this out. My heart is so heavy and I can't believe it's over. Hospice had just told us they thought we had about a month. I thought that was difficult news; I didn't realize that in just over 24 hours, he would be gone. We were married over 41 years and I can't picture life without him. This grief is unlike any other I have ever felt.

Sunandsea, I'm so sorry! As much as I want to believe I'm preparing for the day I loose my mom, I cannot even imagine what you must be going through right now. Know that you, your PAL and family are in my prayers tonight. May he rest in peace. Virtual hugs going your way...
-Erika

I'm very sorry about Harry. He was fortunate to have you and the kids by his side. There is nothing as overwhelming as the grief you feel right now -- give yourself time to be fully in it before you start the process of moving beyond. He is with you, always.

I wish you much peace and strength in the days ahead.

Best,
Laurie

I am so very sorry. I try to not imagine the loss you are feeling--yet. I'm glad the family was with him, and I wish you peace as you start your recovery.
Becky

I am so very sorry. Wishing you peace and comfort. He was a very lucky man to have your love and care

I am so sorry... Just sending you a big hug, I know how you feel. But he is free now.

I am so sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Sharon

Sending you big hugs!
Glad harry had family with him as he moved on.
Love ya
Chally

Sun - I am so very, very sorry. I don't think anyone is prepared for the end. Hugs and many thoughts coming your way as you work through this difficult time. You were an awesome CALS and he was very lucky to have all of you by his side.

Hugs,

sue

My PALS, H (Harry), passed away very early Sunday morning, October 1st. His children and I were with him and we were able to keep him comfortable until the end. I can't write details - I'm struggling to get this out. My heart is so heavy and I can't believe it's over. Hospice had just told us they thought we had about a month. I thought that was difficult news; I didn't realize that in just over 24 hours, he would be gone. We were married over 41 years and I can't picture life without him. This grief is unlike any other I have ever felt.

I am so terribly sorry for your loss. I cannot imagine what it will be like when i lose my husband to this awful disease. It takes my breath away just thinking about it. I am so very sorry. Pauline

So sorry for your loss. May peace be with you and your family.

I'm so sorry to read this. Thinking of you.

Angie

I am so sorry for your loss. I understand you perfectly when you say this grief is unlike any you have ever felt. I wish you a lot of strength.

I am so very sorry for your loss, it is never ever easy to say goodbye. It is my prayer that you and your family take comfort in knowing that Harry is in the presence of the Lord and free from ALS,, doing all those things that he loved to do prior to becoming sick.

I pray peace, grace, courage, strength and that the Lord would bless you and your family during this difficult time.

He's got great big shoulders, so try to lean on him.

Tom

I'm so very sorry for your loss - we are never ready for it. Warm hugs to you xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back