Old 09-13-2017, 04:13 AM #1 (permalink)

City: Homeland
State: CA
Diagnosed: 06/2014
Interest: I am a caregiver for someone with ALS/MND.
stresstothemax is on a distinguished road
City: Homeland
Diagnosed: 06/2014
stresstothemax is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New at this

My husband and I took Jason in yesterday afternoon In the X-rays it show Jason had left side pneumonia and was admitted into the hospital. They did a bronchoscopy this evening and really cleaned out his lung. I couldn't believe what his lung looked like. I spent the night with him last night because he was unable to signal for the nurse if he needed one and for communication purposes. My husband was going to stay with him tonight but Jason passed away this evening after the bronchoscopy. I am doing alright for the most part. He was able to Skype his girls last Sunday and that raise his spirits and knowing his brother was coming out from Texas put a smile on his face. Unfortunately his brother did'n't make it in time to see his brother. I am at peace with this but this house seems so empty without him. I had 46 years with him and I thank the Lord for that. He is now with the Lord and I am glad for that also. He went very quietly which I am also thankful for. I celebrate his life and I know I will be with him in the end.

Last edited by Nikki J : 09-13-2017 at 07:36 AM
Old 09-13-2017, 07:39 AM #2 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member
Forum Moderator

City: Boston
State: MA
Diagnosed: 04/2014
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
Nikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond repute
Extremely Helpful Member
Forum Moderator

Diagnosed: 04/2014
Nikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jason

I am so sorry for your loss. Glad it was peaceful and he is free. He was lucky to have you. Peace and comfort to you
Old 09-13-2017, 08:35 AM #3 (permalink)

City: Pittsburgh
State: PA
Diagnosed: 07/2007
Narrowminded is a name known to allNarrowminded is a name known to allNarrowminded is a name known to allNarrowminded is a name known to allNarrowminded is a name known to allNarrowminded is a name known to all
State: PA
Diagnosed: 07/2007
Narrowminded is a name known to allNarrowminded is a name known to allNarrowminded is a name known to allNarrowminded is a name known to allNarrowminded is a name known to allNarrowminded is a name known to all

I am so very sorry for your loss. You were an awesome caregiver for Jason. May you be able to find peace in the Lord.

Hugs and Prayers,

Sue
Old 09-13-2017, 09:13 AM #4 (permalink)

City: katy
State: texas
Diagnosed: 02/2016
Interest: I lost a loved one to ALS/MND.
adrivtham is on a very distinguished road
City: katy
State: texas
Diagnosed: 02/2016
adrivtham is on a very distinguished road

I am so sorry for your loss...it is so hard even though we know they are finally free from this ALS monster.
Hugs to you and your family
Old 09-13-2017, 10:10 AM #5 (permalink)

City: New York
State: NY
Diagnosed: 05/2015
Manhattanite is a jewel in the roughManhattanite is a jewel in the roughManhattanite is a jewel in the rough
City: New York
State: NY
Diagnosed: 05/2015
Manhattanite is a jewel in the roughManhattanite is a jewel in the roughManhattanite is a jewel in the rough

So sorry for the loss of your son, but he was lucky to have such a caring and loving mom. xoxo
Old 09-13-2017, 11:59 AM #6 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member

City: Littleton
State: North Carolina
Diagnosed: 01/2014
Nuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud of
Extremely Helpful Member

City: Littleton
State: North Carolina
Diagnosed: 01/2014
Nuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud of

I mourn your loss. Jason was so fortunate to have parents like you--you were wonderful caregivers. He's free now, and I wish you peace and healing.
Becky
Old 09-13-2017, 12:02 PM #7 (permalink)

City: Kitchener
State: Ontario
Diagnosed: 09/2015
Angiegal has a spectacular aura aboutAngiegal has a spectacular aura about
City: Kitchener
State: Ontario
Diagnosed: 09/2015
Angiegal has a spectacular aura aboutAngiegal has a spectacular aura about

So sorry for your loss. Thinking of you and your loved ones.

Angie
Old 09-13-2017, 01:27 PM #8 (permalink)

State: Pa
Diagnosed: 11/2011
pittsburghgal has a spectacular aura aboutpittsburghgal has a spectacular aura aboutpittsburghgal has a spectacular aura about
State: Pa
Diagnosed: 11/2011
pittsburghgal has a spectacular aura aboutpittsburghgal has a spectacular aura aboutpittsburghgal has a spectacular aura about

I am so sorry for your loss of your son but grateful that his passing was peaceful and he is home with the Lord. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Sharon
Old 09-13-2017, 02:27 PM #9 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member

Forum Moderator

City: Seattle
State: WA
Diagnosed: 09/2009
lgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond repute
Extremely Helpful Member

Forum Moderator

City: Seattle
State: WA
Diagnosed: 09/2009
lgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond repute

I am so very sorry, but happy that you were with him and he was at peace.

Best,
Laurie
Old 09-13-2017, 03:08 PM #10 (permalink)

City: Palo Alto
State: California
Diagnosed: 02/2015
Interest: I am a family member of someone with ALS/MND.
mommychops is on a distinguished road
City: Palo Alto
State: California
Diagnosed: 02/2015
Interest: I am a family member of someone with ALS/MND.
mommychops is on a distinguished road

I lost my 44-yr-old son after caring for him at home for 19 months. i feel blessed that i could 'have him' during that time. i feel blessed that he went quietly and peacefully in his sleep. what is helping me now is to remember him from before his illness. (i also pretend that he's just on a trip, and my therapist is ok with that.)
Old 09-13-2017, 03:39 PM #11 (permalink)
Very Helpful Member

City: Cleveland
State: Oklahoma
Diagnosed: 10/2015
soonerwife is a splendid one to beholdsoonerwife is a splendid one to beholdsoonerwife is a splendid one to beholdsoonerwife is a splendid one to beholdsoonerwife is a splendid one to beholdsoonerwife is a splendid one to beholdsoonerwife is a splendid one to behold
Very Helpful Member
City: Cleveland
State: Oklahoma
Diagnosed: 10/2015
soonerwife is a splendid one to beholdsoonerwife is a splendid one to beholdsoonerwife is a splendid one to beholdsoonerwife is a splendid one to beholdsoonerwife is a splendid one to beholdsoonerwife is a splendid one to beholdsoonerwife is a splendid one to behold

So sorry for your loss. May peace be with you and your family.
Old 09-13-2017, 04:51 PM #12 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member

City: lala land
State: home
Diagnosed: 05/2013
affected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond repute
Extremely Helpful Member
City: lala land
State: home
Diagnosed: 05/2013
affected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond repute

I am so very sorry for your loss, it must have felt so sudden.

Cherish every memory of happiness you had with him over his life and know that he appreciated everything you did no matter how hard any of it was xxx
Old 09-13-2017, 09:34 PM #13 (permalink)

Diagnosed: 09/2013
KateEmerson is a jewel in the roughKateEmerson is a jewel in the roughKateEmerson is a jewel in the rough
Diagnosed: 09/2013
KateEmerson is a jewel in the roughKateEmerson is a jewel in the roughKateEmerson is a jewel in the rough

My deepest sympathies to you and your family and hoping you can find comfort and peace.
Old 09-13-2017, 10:57 PM #14 (permalink)

City: Suburban
Diagnosed: 04/2013
4tloml is a jewel in the rough4tloml is a jewel in the rough4tloml is a jewel in the rough
City: Suburban
Diagnosed: 04/2013
4tloml is a jewel in the rough4tloml is a jewel in the rough4tloml is a jewel in the rough

Deepest condolences. Even when we know they're free of this terrible disease, our hearts still break. Wishing you peace in knowing you cared so deeply and well for Jason. I am so very sorry.
Old 09-14-2017, 12:25 AM #15 (permalink)

City: Barrie
State: ON
Diagnosed: 08/2014
Vincent is just really niceVincent is just really niceVincent is just really niceVincent is just really nice
City: Barrie
State: ON
Diagnosed: 08/2014
Vincent is just really niceVincent is just really niceVincent is just really niceVincent is just really nice

My condolences. If there is any good in this it is that his troubles are over. Peace be with you.
Vincent
Closed Thread