Diagnosis
04/2016
Country
Us
State
Tennessee
City
Harriman
My mom was diagnosed on 04/02/2016 and on that date the only problems she had Way her right arm had weakness. She progressed very aggressively. To being completely paralyzed with in 6-8 months. She passed away last Thursday 04/13/2017 peacefully in her sleep little over a year after her diagnosis. She never lost her mind it was sharp as a tack. She was communicating with my father via eye gaze approximately 30 minutes before her passing. My prayers are with anyone that s living with this horrible disease and their caretakers.

OBITUARY OF PHYLLIS ELLIS

Mrs. Phyllis Ellis, age 60 of Harriman, passed away peacefully at home on April 13, 2017 after a brave and courageous battle with ALS. She worked at Methodist Medical Center for many years before becoming a small business owner in Harriman.

She was preceded in death by her parents: Charles and Mary Kate Wright

And one sister: Mary Ellen Bailey.

She is survived by her husband of 43 years: Steve Ellis

Two sons: Commissioner Randy Ellis and his wife Hannah and Jason Ellis, both of Harriman

One grandson: Bryson Ellis

Two brothers: Arnold and Calvin Wright

A special sister in law: Fay McDaniels

Special friends: Becky Tapp and Claude and Judy Prater

And host of other nieces, nephews, family, friends and loved ones.

The family will receive friends Monday April 17, 2017 from 6:00 to 8:00 PM at Swan Pond Baptist Church. The funeral service will follow at 8:00 PM with Rev. Wayne Nelson, Jason Roberts and Eddie Killion officiating. The graveside service will be held Tuesday April 18, 2017 at 11:00 AM in the Swan Pond Baptist Church Cemetery.

Pall Bearers: Wayne Best, Kenyon Mee, Tony Brown, Dennis Ferguson, Tom McFarland, Larry Wayne Bridges, David Hacker and Jason Ellis.

The entire Roane County Commission will serve as honorary pall bearers.

Davis Funeral Home, Harriman honored to be serving the Ellis family.

Condolences may be sent to the family online at www.davisfuneralhomes.com.

Last edited:
I am so very sorry for your loss- my deepest condolences.

I can not remember your mom's user name here but we had corresponded by email and I was just thinking of her yesterday- she was a very sweet lady and am saddened by this news

Wishing you peace and comfort

Thank You for your support and kind words.

Very sorry for your loss. May you find peace and comfort knowing she passed so peacefully.

Very sorry to hear about your mom. I wish much peace and strength for you and your family.

Best,
Laurie

I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your Mom.

Hugs to you,
Joan

So sorry to hear about your mom. May peace be with you and your family.

Very sorry for your loss but so relieved it was a peaceful passing.

I am so sorry for the loss of your mother. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Sharon

So sorry for your loss. Wishing you and your family peace and comfort and a community that rallies around you.

I am very sorry about your mom - she was diagnosed just a year ago I see. Wishing you comfort and peace.

I'm so sorry for your loss. My condolences to your and your family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back