Country
CA
State
British Columbia
City
Vancouver
Re: Dealing with anticipatory grief...

Well….
I’m a widower. Joni passed 2 days after my last post. I fulfilled my promise to her that she would not suffer and she would not pass alone.

Joni is now pain-free and worry-free, sitting on a park bench next to her mother. At least, that’s the way Joni pictured it. I will miss her tremendously.

My family has provided very timely moral support in the last while. Joni’s daughters and family have also been very supportive. So I am well surrounded with support.
My counselor came to the house today and it seemed like many of the conversations or topics we touched on centered on one common theme: Guilt. Hmmm. I guess we need to talk more…

I am ok overall. I am sad, I get my moments. But mostly I am relieved for her, for me, for her daughters and for the rest of the family. In a way, I am glad we didn’t have to go to the end of ALS; I was ready for it however. I guess there is no use thinking what it would’ve been like; but I feel for those of you that have, and those of you that will. Courage and Strength.

I am very happy I came across this forum. You guys understood what I was going through and in some case, still do understand my new situation. I am forever grateful for your past support and feedback and look forward to your continued support. I will visit periodically and update you on MY journey. This 3-year journey with Joni has changed me for the best and has made me a better, stronger man.

“I am thankful for my struggles because without them, I wouldn’t have stumbled upon my strength.” - A.K.

My love and empathy goes out to all of you supporting, caring for or advocating for your PALS. I am sending you my love and all the strength I can.

All my Love and Gratitude,
Still, one day at a time.
Bruno

Bonne Nuit mon Amour !
xoxo

b.

Bruno,

I'm so sorry for your loss. Hugs and prayers to you and your family.

Deb

So sorry for your loss Bruno. May peace be with you and your families.

We look forward to hearing about your next journey. HUGS!

I'm so very sorry for your loss, but you gave her the kind of passing any of us would wish for. I hope you can find some peace in it all soon xxx

My condolences. Peace to you and your family in your grieving.

Fiona

Bruno. She is at peace and left knowing how much she was loved. It's so heartwarming to read some of the love story between you and Jon I.

I am happy to know that you have a great support system. I also pray that you will find peace and comfort in the days ahead.

So sorry for your loss. Condolences to you and your family.

Bruno, I am sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Sharon

Bruno, I am so very sorry to hear of Joni's passing. Cherish all the memories you shared with her and they will slowly start filling that hole in your heart. My thoughts are with you. Bill

My condolences on your loss Bruno
Wendy xx

So very sorry for your loss. I have been a widower for near a year and I know full well about fulfilling promises. You will find comfort in that. I wish you peace and strength in coming days.

tc

So sorry for you and your family on your loss. Memories will keep Joni alive in your hearts. Take care.

Bruno,
Glad you are getting support, have family around you and the insight to realize what you have gained as well as lost.

Best,
Laurie

So sorry to hear of your loss. My condolences to you and your family.

Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back