Old 08-02-2016, 07:19 PM #1 (permalink)

City: CP
State: TX
Diagnosed: 06/2014
Interest: I lost a loved one to ALS/MND.
Neilswife is on a very distinguished roadNeilswife is on a very distinguished road
City: CP
State: TX
Diagnosed: 06/2014
Neilswife is on a very distinguished roadNeilswife is on a very distinguished road
Default Neil's Passing from his Wife

I just read a thread on here about my husband's passing. I was upset to see someone else had posted about my husband. I lovingly cared for him for two years and had every intention of posting about his passing, as I had promised him I would do so. I am upset that I was not able to honor my husband by being the first to post of his passing. The funeral was on Saturday so I am just now getting to do other things. I promised him I would post and feel like I have let him down by not being the first to post. My husband's iPad should have logged me in automatically, but did not. I finally just set up an account for myself and that is where I am posting from now.

Yes, my husband did indeed pass peacefully on July 21st and for that I will always be grateful. He will be greatly missed and I know he appreciated your presence in his life. Thank you to all who helped make his journey a little easier.

Last edited by Neilswife : 08-02-2016 at 08:16 PM
Old 08-02-2016, 07:42 PM #2 (permalink)

City: Sandyville
State: WV
Diagnosed: 04/2015
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
BlueandGold is a jewel in the roughBlueandGold is a jewel in the roughBlueandGold is a jewel in the roughBlueandGold is a jewel in the rough
City: Sandyville
State: WV
Diagnosed: 04/2015
BlueandGold is a jewel in the roughBlueandGold is a jewel in the roughBlueandGold is a jewel in the roughBlueandGold is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Neil's Passing from his Wife

I am so sorry for your loss. I haven't seen any posts about Neil's passing until yours. Neil was a special person. Offered so much to others on this forum. I'm glad he is free and all his questions are now answered. Will see you soon Neil.

Vince
Old 08-02-2016, 08:00 PM #3 (permalink)

City: Tucson
State: AZ
Diagnosed: 12/2013
azgirl is a splendid one to beholdazgirl is a splendid one to beholdazgirl is a splendid one to beholdazgirl is a splendid one to beholdazgirl is a splendid one to beholdazgirl is a splendid one to beholdazgirl is a splendid one to behold
City: Tucson
State: AZ
Diagnosed: 12/2013
azgirl is a splendid one to beholdazgirl is a splendid one to beholdazgirl is a splendid one to beholdazgirl is a splendid one to beholdazgirl is a splendid one to beholdazgirl is a splendid one to beholdazgirl is a splendid one to behold

So sorry about the loss of your husband, Neil. He posted often here and many of us felt close to him and are deeply saddened by his passing. I am sorry also that you did not get the chance to tell us first, but I can assure you that the people who posted had nothing but loving thoughts for you and Neil, and I'm sure they were getting bombarded by questions.

Please accept our condolences, Neil was beloved member of this forum.
Old 08-02-2016, 08:24 PM #4 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member

Forum Moderator

City: Seattle
State: WA
Diagnosed: 09/2009
lgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond repute
Extremely Helpful Member

Forum Moderator

City: Seattle
State: WA
Diagnosed: 09/2009
lgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond repute

I miss Neil already. Thank you for making the extra effort to post, and you have let no one down. He loved you very much and was fortunate to have you in his life. Much peace and strength to you and your family.

Best,
Laurie
Old 08-02-2016, 09:52 PM #5 (permalink)
Very Helpful Member

City: Dallas
State: tx
Diagnosed: 07/2015
Interest: I am a caregiver for someone with ALS/MND.
scaredwifetx has disabled reputation
Very Helpful Member

City: Dallas
State: tx
Diagnosed: 07/2015
Interest: I am a caregiver for someone with ALS/MND.
scaredwifetx has disabled reputation

I am so sorry for your loss. Neil was a very special person and he was always a ray of sunshine and he helped so many of us. I also know how much he loved you. You will be on my thoughts and prayers. May his peaceful passing and his love bring you some peace in the days to come.
Old 08-02-2016, 11:42 PM #6 (permalink)
Very Helpful Member

City: By the beach
State: Western Australia
Diagnosed: 4/2016
Interest: I have been diagnosed with another Motor Neuron Disease.
Green Queen is on a very distinguished roadGreen Queen is on a very distinguished road
Very Helpful Member
Green Queen is on a very distinguished roadGreen Queen is on a very distinguished road

I have had a heavy heart, waiting for this sad news.

I'm so very grateful Neil got to say goodbye to everyone he loved, and everyone who loved him could be there with him in spirit.

I hope you found the funeral a wonderful memorial to your beloved husband, Neil.
Old 08-02-2016, 11:59 PM #7 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member
Forum Moderator

City: Orlando
State: Florida
Diagnosed: 12/2010
Atsugi has a reputation beyond reputeAtsugi has a reputation beyond reputeAtsugi has a reputation beyond reputeAtsugi has a reputation beyond reputeAtsugi has a reputation beyond reputeAtsugi has a reputation beyond reputeAtsugi has a reputation beyond reputeAtsugi has a reputation beyond reputeAtsugi has a reputation beyond reputeAtsugi has a reputation beyond reputeAtsugi has a reputation beyond repute
Extremely Helpful Member
Forum Moderator

City: Orlando
State: Florida
Diagnosed: 12/2010
Atsugi has a reputation beyond reputeAtsugi has a reputation beyond reputeAtsugi has a reputation beyond reputeAtsugi has a reputation beyond reputeAtsugi has a reputation beyond reputeAtsugi has a reputation beyond reputeAtsugi has a reputation beyond reputeAtsugi has a reputation beyond reputeAtsugi has a reputation beyond reputeAtsugi has a reputation beyond reputeAtsugi has a reputation beyond repute

Neil was very special to me. More than most, ever since his first day here.
Old 08-03-2016, 02:06 AM #8 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member

City: lala land
State: home
Diagnosed: 05/2013
affected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond repute
Extremely Helpful Member
City: lala land
State: home
Diagnosed: 05/2013
affected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond repute

Neil was an amazing man and I considered him a friend.
He gave so much to everyone here even while battling ALS himself.

I offer you my sincere condolences and am so sorry that you had to lose him to the monster.

A few weeks ago, about half a km down the road a beautiful female koala with a joey in pouch was hit by a car. She is doing well now, she had some internal injuries.

She was named Glory, and the joey was discovered to be a boy and I have named him Neil. Neil was the person who started the whole beautiful trend of PALS receiving native trees on my property, so it just seemed fitting to me to name this joey after him.

When Glory is deemed fully recovered she is going to be released here on my property and she will be released into Neil's tree. I know he would be thrilled about this.

I hope you find a way to some peace quickly. Having lost my own husband to ALS I know it is a very tough journey on the other side. I know that Neil loved you and was very well cared for. Be proud of the love you could show him.

RIP Neil, fly free mate.

You have not let Neil down in any way. Everyone here has been wondering how things went for Neil because they loved him too. Please feel free to keep posting in the past CALS section if you would like to.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to affected For This Useful Post:
azgirl (08-03-2016), Gembead (08-03-2016), JimInVA (08-03-2016), Statius@ (08-04-2016)
Old 08-03-2016, 03:39 AM #9 (permalink)
Very Helpful Member

Very Helpful Member

Tillie what a beautiful gesture.

Neil indeed would be thrilled.
Old 08-03-2016, 06:08 AM #10 (permalink)
Very Helpful Member

City: Cleveland
State: Oklahoma
Diagnosed: 10/2015
soonerwife has much to be proud ofsoonerwife has much to be proud ofsoonerwife has much to be proud ofsoonerwife has much to be proud ofsoonerwife has much to be proud ofsoonerwife has much to be proud ofsoonerwife has much to be proud ofsoonerwife has much to be proud of
Very Helpful Member
City: Cleveland
State: Oklahoma
Diagnosed: 10/2015
soonerwife has much to be proud ofsoonerwife has much to be proud ofsoonerwife has much to be proud ofsoonerwife has much to be proud ofsoonerwife has much to be proud ofsoonerwife has much to be proud ofsoonerwife has much to be proud ofsoonerwife has much to be proud of

So sorry for you loss! May peace be with you and your family.
Old 08-03-2016, 06:44 AM #11 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member

City: Pit of hot
State: FL
gooseberry is a splendid one to beholdgooseberry is a splendid one to beholdgooseberry is a splendid one to beholdgooseberry is a splendid one to beholdgooseberry is a splendid one to beholdgooseberry is a splendid one to beholdgooseberry is a splendid one to behold
Extremely Helpful Member
City: Pit of hot
State: FL
gooseberry is a splendid one to beholdgooseberry is a splendid one to beholdgooseberry is a splendid one to beholdgooseberry is a splendid one to beholdgooseberry is a splendid one to beholdgooseberry is a splendid one to beholdgooseberry is a splendid one to behold

I apologize if I upset you. I inquired about Neil because I missed him. I hope you find peace and comfort knowing so many cared about Neil and your family.

You have honored any promise you had made to Neil. We all understand how difficult it is immediately after .

Hugs to you and your family. Stephanie
Old 08-03-2016, 08:12 AM #12 (permalink)

City: Northern
State: NJ
starente15 has a spectacular aura aboutstarente15 has a spectacular aura about
City: Northern
State: NJ
starente15 has a spectacular aura aboutstarente15 has a spectacular aura about

I am so sorry to hear this.

Peaceful thoughts to you and your family.
Old 08-03-2016, 09:02 AM #13 (permalink)
Very Helpful Member

City: renick
State: wv.
Diagnosed: 02/2015
chally has much to be proud ofchally has much to be proud ofchally has much to be proud ofchally has much to be proud ofchally has much to be proud ofchally has much to be proud ofchally has much to be proud ofchally has much to be proud ofchally has much to be proud ofchally has much to be proud of
Very Helpful Member
City: renick
State: wv.
Diagnosed: 02/2015
chally has much to be proud ofchally has much to be proud ofchally has much to be proud ofchally has much to be proud ofchally has much to be proud ofchally has much to be proud ofchally has much to be proud ofchally has much to be proud ofchally has much to be proud ofchally has much to be proud of

Neil was a great help to me through his post. Will miss him.
You were a great cals. Much love chally
Old 08-03-2016, 09:06 AM #14 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member

City: The Beach
State: South
Diagnosed: 08/2015
KimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond repute
Extremely Helpful Member

City: The Beach
State: South
Diagnosed: 08/2015
KimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond repute

God bless you for being a wonderful CALS. I'm so sorry for your loss.
Old 08-03-2016, 11:49 AM #15 (permalink)

City: taylorsvill
State: utah
Diagnosed: 01/2014
bigmark1954 is a name known to allbigmark1954 is a name known to allbigmark1954 is a name known to allbigmark1954 is a name known to allbigmark1954 is a name known to allbigmark1954 is a name known to all
City: taylorsvill
State: utah
Diagnosed: 01/2014
bigmark1954 is a name known to allbigmark1954 is a name known to allbigmark1954 is a name known to allbigmark1954 is a name known to allbigmark1954 is a name known to allbigmark1954 is a name known to all

Thank You for taking such good care of Neil and being there for him. I think most of us understand how he struggled from the beginning.

This disease is unrelenting for everyone. RIP Neil!
Thanks from
GregK (08-03-2016)
Closed Thread

Tags
life