Diagnosis
05/2015
Country
US
State
Oregon
City
Portland
Douglas passed away on Tuesday June 7, 2016 after falling and not being able to get up or to breath. I was running between the kitchen and the grill in the back yard and didn't find him until he was already gone. Friends started coming by immediately as family trickled in from all over the county; I'm surrounded by people with whom I can cry and laugh and share stories.

Douglas was diagnosed with ALS in May 2015, several months after developing his first symptoms of this monstrous disease. He lost the use of his arms, hands, voice, and swallowing muscles and breathing was becoming more difficult, but he never lost his sense of humor and love for his family and friends. We'll miss him.

Please don't fall.

Janis

PS The attached photo is from 10 years ago, with Douglas in the back and me in the front, along with a kid who begged us to be in his canuggling team at the Coeur d'Alene Juggling Festival. Douglas had strong arms and hands then.

Attachments

• canuggling.jpg
    canuggling.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 636
I'm so sorry Janis, it's not the way we want anyone to go, but he is free of the monster.

I hope you can find peace my friend xxxx

That photo is brilliant too - I've never heard of canuggling!

And yes, I have begged from day one here PALS don't fall!!!

Last edited:
I am so very sorry. Peace and comfort to you as he flies free

I am so sorry for your loss.

Peace be with you, Janis.

So sorry for your loss. I am glad you are surrounded by family. May peace be with you and your family.

Dear Janice, I'm so very sorry. I know you'll miss him so much but now he is free.

What joie de vivre, Janis. He was fortunate to have you all. Much peace and strength for the next part of your journey.

Best,
Laurie

Janis, I'm so sorry. I wish you healing and wonderful memories in the company of family and friends.
Becky

I am so sorry to hear of the passing of Douglas. I will pray for peace and strength for you Janis. Hugs, Kim

I am so sorry for your loss but it sounds like you shared a wonderful life. Awesome that you have an abundance of good people to surround you w/love. Take care.

So sorry for your loss, Janis. I'm glad you are surrounded by people who can comfort you.
Kathy

I'm pleased that you have wonderful family and friends by you side. So sorry that your mourning Douglas, big hug.
Luv Gem

Janis, may you find peace in the fact Douglas is no longer suffering.

So sorry for your loss, Janis. I like that you included the photo of the two of you and happy times. I hope those memories provide some comfort.

Fly free Douglas

Janis, I am so sorry for your loss. I know from reading many of your prior posts what a kind man Douglas was and how well you cared for him and loved him. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back