10/2017
Country
US
State
NJ
City
Northern
He would have been 74 today.

I wasn't sure how it would affect me but since last night I'm overcome with sadness. I want to do something and was thinking of releasing a balloon with a note tonight.

Any other ideas? I'd love to hear how others have remembered their loved ones.

I am so sorry. The balloon sounds lovely. A donation or volunteer effort in his honor ( veterans perhaps?)

Beware of Father's Day. That was the worst

How about something environmentally friendly like planting a tree for him somewhere? Balloons cause terrible issues as they do tangle in birds and the death is slow and painful.

The special dates are really hard, and I mean really hard. Don't let anyone tell you it should be otherwise. xxxxx

I know Tillie, I worried about the balloon myself. Just one of those days where I feel like I need to do something but don't know what it is. blah

Huge hugs to you - I always think of lovely things to do on these occasions ... the next day xxxx

I'm sorry you are sad, Star. We will scatter more of Larry's ashes over the Sound each year, as we did earlier this year. You might consider donating time, goods or money to a cause or event he supported, in his honor, like the run you did for Pete, or visiting a place he loved.

Best,
Laurie

Listen to your heart and it will tell you what to do. On my mothers birthday I bought boxes of tea for a very old lady who could not afford them. She was in the store and starting counting what she had so put them back. I picked them all up, went to the cashier, paid for them and when I handed them to her she cried and I explained that My mother loved tea. She told me my mother would be proud.

I know how tough this day is and Fathers day will be on you. I have had them both this year. Do something that will honor him and make you feel better. My prayers and thoughts are with you dear Star.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back