Diagnosis
03/2014
Country
US
State
OK
City
South eastern
My dear husband lost his battle with ALS on Wednesday, May 18th. He had gone through a period of rapid progression but I wasn't expecting this to happen so soon. Now we are all trying to come to grips with how to live a life without him in it.

I searched through here often looking for solutions and suggestions and ideas, and the collective wisdom I found helped me to make things easier on him and I appreciate so much that you are all so generous with sharing sometimes painfully intimate details of your lives for the benefit of others.

I don't know what else to say. I am bone weary, sad, and more than a little lost.

I am so sorry.

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Was your husband on this forum as well? I will add you to my prayer list. I lost my father to this monster in November. Hugs, Kim

Autotelic, I'm sad for you. No one should have to go through this. Try to sleep.

He was not on the forum Kim. I tried to get him to come by and join in or just check it out but he never did.

I am sorry for your family's loss. Your husband is no longer in your lives in the flesh, but his spirit, personality and actions will always be with you.

Best,
Laurie

Thank you Mike. I have been a whirlwind all week. It's easier to stay busy. Less time to think and feel.

I'm so sorry. I wish you rest and healing.
Becky

Thank you ShiftKicker, and thank you too Laurie. Y'all can probably tell from the few times I have posted that I'm a little unsure of the etiquette of forum postings. I appreciate all the good thoughts and kindnesses.

I'm so sorry for your loss xxxx

I am very sorry for your loss. Wishing you comfort and peace

I am so sorry for your loss of your dear husband. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Sharon

So very sorry to hear about your loss. My condolences. 2.5 months since losing my husband to als, I have gotten a puppy. The need to care for something is strong.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your beloved soulmate.
May happy memories keep you strong.

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your husband. Thinking of you!
Tracy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back