Diagnosis
02/2013
Country
SA
State
Kwazulu Natal
City
Durban
Our darling Iven passed away on Saturday evening. Following a traumatic week of ICU and hospitals trying to treat his pneumonia and having a peg tube fitted so that he could receive liquid and meds, he returned to Hospice on Saturday afternoon. Shortly after his arrival he had difficulty breathing.

A sense of peace suddenly came over him and he lay quietly, his breathing was shallow but he indicated that he could hear us by blinking his sign for 'yes' when we asked him. Our daughters, Pia and Enya and myself surrounded him, held his hand, stroked his hair and told him how much we loved him, all that he meant to each of us, and how our family would always be made up of four. We promised to be good to one another and stick together no matter what. We prayed for Iven and we prayed for our family. Then we sat quietly with him stroking his hands and hair, loving him and telling him that everything was going to be okay.

Iven passed on surrounded by those he loved most. He did not want to be in this world anymore. While I am missing him every minute of every day and the tears are falling, I am so grateful to God for his mercy and that Iven is finally at peace.

Thank you to all on this forum for getting us through the past three years. We couldn't have done it without you. I will post a tribute to Iven in the next few days so that you can see pictures of him and get to know what a great man he was to so many people.

So very sorry for your loss.His troubles are over.
Vincent

My thoughts are with you. I'm so sad his last week was so painful and fraught- but very glad his last day was with you and was peaceful.

Fiona

I'm so sorry, poppies. I know how hard this is. I'm glad you were with him, and he had a peaceful passing. Looking forward to the tribute.

Dear poppies,
Your message brought tears to my eyes.
My thoughts are with all of you.
Iven was surrounded and enveloped with love all
around him.
Love is the greatest gift of all.
God Bless.
Laura.

What you write is deeply moving. Iven's passing into eternity was what everyone would wish for. His last hours on earth were spent receiving the love of his family, and in peace he left this world. You were there for him every step of this difficult journey, and at the end your love and prayers carried him to his last breath. God's mercy will continue to sustain you now as the tears fall and you miss him every minute of the day.
Charlene

Margaret,
Much peace and strength to you, your daughters and Iven's extended family and friends.

Best,
Laurie

Iven is free to fly, poppies so sorry for the pain you are going thru, my heart is breaking for you, love and hugs Gem

I am so very sorry. Wishing peace and comfort to you and your children.

So sorry for your loss. My thoughts go with you and your family.

Jim

So very sorry but so happy his passing was peaceful. I'll pray for comfort for you and your family throughout your grieving process.

Vince

Poppies, your story is beautifully moving. So glad you could share his last moments and know this was what he wanted. May those tears that fall be healing tears of love and good memories. Donna

Dear Poppies,

I also found your post deeply moving and shed a tear.
Sad that his last week was traumatic, but his last day could not have been nicer; filled with love and such beautiful words.

Heartfelt condolences to you, Pia and Enya.
Ells.

RIP Iven.

Poppies, your love for your beloved Iven has shone through every post, and this one is no exception.
Love and hugs to you and the girls.
God bless, Janelle x

So sorry for your loss poppies, your guy is flying free now. Your in my thoughts. Love ya chally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back