Diagnosis
10/2017
Country
US
State
NJ
City
Northern
My dad was diagnosed with bulbar October 15, 2014 and took his final breath last night. He fought every day for the past 13 months and especially in the last two weeks. He was surrounded by everyone who loved him.

We opened a window so his soul could fly free and told him that it was okay to let go. He was exhausted and we were so proud of him for toughing it out but we wanted him to rest. We watched as he passed, holding his hands, rubbing his feet and not letting go until he did.

This morning, I was lying awake at 5:00 a.m. asking him to please send a sign that he was alright. I know some people see birds and butterflies but I couldn't figure out what his message might be. I had left the blinds open and moments later saw flashes of light and the power went out for two hours. No rain, no wind, no reason.

I didn't put it together but my brother automatically knew "it" was electricity. He was an electrical engineer for 35 years and whiz at electronics.

My heart is so heavy but I was able to find some comfort in knowing that he made it to the other side.

Oh Star I am so sorry for your loss but so glad he is free, that he sent you a sign and that you were able to be there. You have been a good and faithful caregiver and I hope in time you will get comfort and peace from that knowledge

How beautiful. I am so happy that your father was able to let you know he is ok. It takes a very strong love to hear and be heard. I hope this wok help you through the rough days ahead. He is there listening

So sorry to hear of his passing, it would have been so special to him to have been surrounded by you all and feeling the love you all had for him as he passed. Sending a big virtual hug.
Live Gem

I am so glad you were able to be there for your dad and you. May you all find peace.

So very sorry. Peace be with you. His troubles are over.
Vincent

Star, may you find peace knowing you did your best and that he is free now. Hugs to you.

You did a really good job, Star. Proud of ya. --Mike

You have been amazing all the way through so many incredibly tough times in the past 13 months Star.

Peace lovely lady, you gave him everything he needed and with such grace.

Thank you for being there for your mom and dad, Star. Strength and peace to you and your family.

--Laurie

Dear Star,

I am so sorry for the loss of your Dad.
I know for myself it's so very hard when you lose your Dad.

Your Dad was surrounded by those he loved, and who loved him.
The greatest gift any of us can have is love.

What a loving sign he gave you.
He loves you, and he hears you.

He is free.

It can take a long time, but one day you will start to
find that more and more of the happy memories with your Dad are
what you're finding in your mind.

Love is forever.

Sincerely,
Laura

Star, these are the hardest posts for me to make, because the mix of pain and relief that suffering is over is so strong. I know how Thankful your father must have been for you--you are an amazing woman. I wish you and your mother peace. May the good memories soon crowd out those of this journey.
Becky

Thinking of you and your family Star.
You sound like a very close knit family, that threads have been pulled loose on.
Hold on to those threads, and keep your beloved dad close to your heart.
God bless, Janelle x

star, your in my thoughts. i hope when i go it's just like that, with friends and family by my side and i too will send back something? love ya chally

Star, these are unspeakably beautiful gifts you and your dad gave to one another. Loving care, then a beautiful passing--the kind I think most of us aspire to, and then your dad returning to bless & reassure you. What a great, sustaining love. Such a painful loss, but wishing you peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back