Diagnosis
09/2013
Country
US
State
TX
City
Acuff
Yesterday we buried my soulmate, mother of my kids, and one of the finest women I was privileged to ever meet. There is not enough space here to give proper tribute to her, but I have grown to learn over the last few days/weeks/months/years the importance of the fact that she was a true educator thru and thru. It began with the hundreds of young minds she impacted in her 27 or so years of teaching school. Many years were spent teaching 2nd grade but she was also heavily involved in the dyslexic program for training teachers to recognize and deal with that special learning opportunity, of The Scottish Rite of Lubbock Texas. Since contracting ALS, she, unknowingly to all of us, began teaching our family how to live. She taught us in person right up until 12:54 Wednesday Oct. 14. Since then, the lessons are continuing, on a very personal basis, with several hundred of our family/friends/relatives/business associates in an ongoing way that at times for each, is more pronounced and visible than I can describe. But I will in a bit, because my next part I feel like, is to share what I've learned with you PALS (and CALS). I feel compelled give some good advice to help you prepare for whats to come, if and when you are ready.

I will let this news sink in for a bit while I compile my thoughts for you, but I want to get it started with one main thought.

You will each WIN this battle with ALS in your own way but the definition of 'winning' is NOT what you think it is. But, it is much..much..so much more, it will take me a bit to sort it out and itemize the process.

I thank each one of you who helped Tracy in your own way. Unfortunately, you know who you are and I don't. That makes it hard for me to thank you properly. You filled in for me during a time when I was having difficulty accepting the diagnosis and near inevitable outcome. For that, I give you my deepest heartfelt thank you.

TC Faulkner

TexasTracy

My deepest condolences on your loss. Yet your words are profound and have touched me deeply. You are so right, we have to redefine 'winning' when it comes to ALS.

Tracy touched every person here that knew her over the past few years - she was a bright and shining star and she shines on still.

Re: TexasTracy

TC,
So sorry to hear about Tracy. Her Texas spirit showed through in every post. I have no doubt that she changed many lives with her teaching, in and out of the classroom. And we look forward to hearing what you, yourself, have learned.

Much peace and strength to you, your children and your family and friends.

Best,
Laurie

I am terribly sorry for your loss- which is profound. Tracy will be very deeply missed. Wishing you and your family peace and comfort. She is healed and flying free

My deepest, deepest condolences to you and your family. May Tracy rest eternally in peace, free and unleashed.

I just logged on here and am so sorry to read of the passing of Tracy. She was a inspiration too so many. I will keep her and your family and friends in my prayers. Kim

I offer my deepest condolences on the loss of your Tracy. What a special person to have touched so many lives. I wish you peace as you mourn the loss of such a wonderful woman. I look forward to seeing you write again as you can surely help us all with your journey.

I am so deeply sorry for your, and our, loss. Yours is a beautiful tribute, and I also look forward to reading more from you. So many people will miss Tracy.

Becky

So very sorry TC for the loss of Tracy. May your joyous times live on in your heart and mind and those of your family. Steph

So very sorry. Peace be with you.
Vincent

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Peace and strength to you and your children.

My deepest condolences on your loss. I was very moved reading your post. I do want you to know through you she is still teaching us all. I learned reading this post that true love lives on, that you should live every day to the fullest and that this nasty disease can take a lot from us but it teaches us all lessons on living. Tracy, will remain in the hearts of us all and so will her remarkable, loving and kind husband.

I am so sorry for your loss. My deepest condolences to you and your family.
Marty

I am so sorry Todd. Tracy was one of the good people in this world. She will be missed very much by many. All the best to you and your family.
Laurel

Love and prayers for you and your family on the loss of dear Tracy.
God bless, Janelle x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back