Diagnosis
01/2007
Country
US
State
FL
City
orlando
I can't believe that I am posting in this section...my beautiful husband, Lonny, died suddenly this morning at 11:10 am.

he seemed to rally last week but then on Saturday started feeling weak again. Sunday was a bad day--no crisis but so weak and could not enjoy a family dinner that we had. Monday and Tuesday were weak but not significant. The hospice nurse said she was going to make her regular visit on Wednesday morning so I stayed home to meet her. He had told me when h got up that he slept badly and wanted an Ativan and to stay on the trilogy. he fell asleep in his chair and seemed so weak. She really was not concerned about him and did not think that we were at the end. after she left, my oldest daughter called and said she had been in a very bad accident and was at the hospital. (she is ok and at home now)
I left and rushed across town to the hospital and left Lonny with his nurse and his visiting sister. I did not tell him about the accident because I didn't want him to worry until I knew the details. the hospital was 45 minutes away and just as I arrived the nurse called me. I was so flustered by the accident I hung up on her and then my sister in law called. I hung up on her. then my oldest son called and I took the call. he asked about his sister and then said what happen to dad? I freaked out and he said, his younger brother had just called--the nurse had just let him know tat he had died right after I left.

He had woken up after I left and took off his trilogy. he was talking to the nurse, smiling and laughing and asked for a shower. she bathed him and then left him to soak for a couple of minutes (his favorite thing to do) she walked back in to the shower after about 3 minutes and he was dead.

my God, I can't believe this. it is so shocking. I knew that it was coming but did not expect this today--I figured we had a few weeks left. I actually had made an appointment at the funeral home for tomorrow to preplan...

I am beyond shocked, beyond sad, so so so numb right now.

love you all.

Oh Barbie! What a shock! I am so very very very sorry. He is free now as you know and I believe he went the way he wanted but so hard for you
Please know you and your family are in my prayers tonight

Oh Barbie, what a day and what a shocking way for it to unravel.

I'm so sorry, but isn't it wonderful that he died so peacefully in the bath. After all the low points these past months causing him so much anxiety, he did have a peaceful death.

I hope you are wrapped in the love and care of family and friends now, I so wish I could be there to hold you. RIP Ken doll, love to you barbie, the most amazing princess warrior.

I am so sorry Barbie. Your post took my breath away. For most of the years that I have been reading this forum, I have read about your hubby, your family and you. All the while admiring all of you and how you lived this journey. May God keep him gently in his arms. Love to you and your family.
Laurel

Barbie, my hart is with you and your family. May he fly free.

Oh dear Barbie, one is never ready for this. Am so glad it was peaceful and that he is now free. When the shock is over, you need to recover and renew your body and spirit. It's okay for Warrior Barbie to need pampering now and lots of TLC. If you need to talk, pm me your phone number.
(Glad your daughter is okay!). I am crying for you, dear lady! Donna

Barbie, I am so sorry for your loss. I am sending warm comforting hugs and you and your family.

So very sorry Barbie. You've been so helpful on this forum for years. A warrior indeed. Take the time you need to heal. I can only hope that my last day would be as peaceful as Lonny's.

Vince

So very sorry Barbie. I wish I could take your pain away.

Barbie, I'm so very sorry. I know he's at peace, and I can't think of a more peaceful place to leave this earth than in the water, but that doesn't fill your loneliness. You have been such an example to all of us, our warrior princess. I wish you peace and comfort.
Much love,
Becky

I am so sorry for your loss.

Oh Barbie...I just....I'm...wow.
This terrible disease robbed your family of so much. But it can never take the love you shared or the happy memories.
Love and prayers to you, my beautiful friend.
God bless, Janelle xxx

Oh Barbie. I am so sorry for your loss. The strength you both had for so many years is a true testament to the love you shared. You have and are an amazing example for all of us. You have helped me in so many ways. A TRUE WARRIOR. Love, prayers and hugs.

My God, I'm in shock. I guess I never really felt this day would come. I'm so sorry, Barbie.

Call me if you need anything. --Mike

Barbie...your path has been so long, I guess somehow we never thought it would come to an end. I'm very sorry for your sorrow and pain, but as a PALS I would love to know that I could die so peacefully. God bless you and your family!
Audrey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back