Diagnosis
06/2014
Country
US
State
AZ
City
phoenix
For those who have not heard, I'm sad to tell you that my husband, Jamie, died on the morning of Aug. 16 — his 63rd birthday and the 10th anniversary of the day we met. A complete cycle. The details can be found on our CaringBridge site: Jamie | CaringBridge

He got his wish to die at home. He died in my arms, peacefully and surrounded by love. He died 14 months after being officially diagnosed.

Jamie was a light in the world, and continues to shine in the hearts of all who knew and loved him. Going on without him seems as hard as watching him suffer the indignities of ALS. But I know it's a process, and the love and support I am receiving gives me strength.

I am in awe of ALL the love and support and assistance that has been directed our way in the wake of Jamie's ALS diagnosis, including in these forums. Words can't adequately express my gratitude for your generosity, but I hope you can feel it in your hearts. Bless you all.

Maren, we should all be so lucky to have someone like you caring for us when it really counts. Thanks very much for posting that CaringBridge link. It's heartwarming to see the love and compassion and the peace with which Jamie passed. --Mike

My condolences for your loss. I know it is with mixed feelings that we watch the one we love pass, but as you say it is a cycle. We have been blessed to have these amazing people in our lives even if it was far too short. Take care, and God Bless you.

Paulette

I am so sorry for your loss, but I am always comforted when any PALS has a 'good death' - surrounded by love and in peace.

Much love to you as you begin a new phase of grieving xx

Thankyou for sharing his journey with us, thankyou for being a wonderful carer. Very sorry you have list your partner, big hugs. With love Gem

I am so sorry for your loss. May he fly free and may you be granted peace and comfort

Our harts are with you. May he fly free without the weight of this disease.

Maren I am so sorry sorry for your loss of Jamie. Your last blog entry was beautiful and just so comforting and lovely. Love to you.
Laurel

Maren, My deepest condolences to you and your family. I read your beautiful journal and was very touched.
Thank you for sharing with us,
Marty

My deepest sympathies, Maren. Your entry describing his last day is beautiful. It was, indead, a good passing. Love to you and hopes for healing.

So sorry for your loss. May you both have peace.

Deepest condolences. Peace and strength to you.

I am so very sorry for your loss. I havent been on the forum for awhile and just saw your post. Please accept my deepest condolences.
Sincerely,
Rhonda

I am so sorry for your loss, 14 months is so fast. thank you for all you did, and I wish you peace and happiness in the months to come.

Maren,
Jamie was much the richer for your decade together. All best wishes for your next journey.

--Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back