Diagnosis
07/2014
Country
US
State
Ohio
City
Southern
Grumpy (Randy) passed away today Aug 4 at 8:46 am. He gained his wings peacefully in his sleep with me holding his hand just as we both hoped he would go.
There are no words to describe what I am feeling. Although I feel such loss, I also feel relief that he is no longer suffering. He was an amazing man, wonderful father and most of all the love of my life. He was truly my other half. We were meant to be together, I was meant to be his wife, partner and in the end his caregiver. ALS claimed his life for 370 days but it did not lay claim to how he left this world. He decided it was time to go home and he did. It did not claim his personality, yesterday as our family gathered to say goodbye, he made them laugh and comforted him just as much as he took comfort from them.

Thank you all for the support you have given us both during our journey, you are amazing.

Kaye

So sorry Kaye. Glad you were with grumpy when he gained his wings. Hugs!

My deepest condolences. Peace and strength to you and your family.

So sorry Kaye. Even knowing this was going to be the outcome, it's never easy. God bless you and your family. Find solace knowing he is finally free of this disease.
Nancy

I am sitting here and was just feeling sorry for myself when I read your post. I am so glad you both found true love and had the time together until he gained his wings. Your posts have been so inspirational to me and I you have been so strong and loving. I can only hope to find 1/2 that strength. I am sorry for the loss you are feeling and will say an extra prayer for you and your family tonight. You are the one who is amazing.

Kaye, you are in my heart tonight as you mourn but also celebrate his freedom and a great love. Hugs, dear lady. Donna

Kaye...sad to hear about Randy, hope your family will smother you with love during this difficult time.
Much Love to you Kaye.

sorry, hugs to you

Kaye thank you for sharing your's and Randy's life with us, and I know that you made his life worth living. God bless you and heal your wounded heart, until you meet with him again.

Paulette

Kaye, the love you shared together is rare and precious, so I hope being immersed in that love and sharing those peaceful moments as he broke free will bring comfort to you during this time. Condolences to you and the family, and prayers for peaceful spirits all. Hugs.

Oh Kaye,
beautiful tribute to Grumpy and your feelings.
So many hugs coming your way my sister in pain. xxx

Sending you love and hugs Kaye at this very sad time,
Love Gem

I am so very sorry. Thank you for sharing Grumpy with us for a time. Thinking of him as he soars free. Peace and comfort to you

So very sorry. Peace be with you.
Vincent

Kaye, some condolences are just so difficult to write. I know his love will continue to comfort you and hope that the memory of ALS quickly fades behind that of your many years together. Big hugs and much love.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back