Diagnosis
08/2014
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Otonabee
Hello my dear friends who have been my sanity for the last year...

On Thursday afternoon, my dear sweet husband passed away in his sleep.
We had a great morning together. Had coffee together, showered him, he sat outside while I cut the grass. He wanted to have a nap about 2pm. I checked on him at 3 and he was sleeping, I still had not heard from him at about 5 so I went to check on him. He was gone. He is still in the same comfy position so I really do believe that he had no suffereing, no anxiety and just passed in his sleep. For that I will be eternally greatful.
My house has been a whirlwind and I have not been alone for a second.
I wanted to let you know. I am thinking about you all and praying for strength for all of you.
Much love,
Cheryl

Cheryl, I am so sorry for your loss. My prayer for you & your family at this time is Peace & Comfort in your hearts & souls.
No guilt, no regrets only wonderful memories.
Love & light, Kat

Oh Cheryl, it is comforting to hear he passed peacefully and to know he is flying free. So sorry for your loss.

Cheryl, your beloved is free.
May many happy memories be with you always.
God bless, Janelle x

Oh Cheryl, I'm so glad he went peacefully after all you have both been through.

I hope this gives you comfort as you deal with the aftershock. You did an amazing job of thick and thin and I wish you strength now as you move into the next stage of grieving.

Hugs and much love

I am very sorry for your loss but so glad he is free and that he went peacefully
You were a wonderful faithful caregiver through some very tough times

So sorry for your loss Cheryl, take comfort that he went peacefully , thinking of you xx

So sorry for your loss....you are free from his and yours bondage to ALS....to gather the good memories and keep him alive in your heart as you face the new normal.
Anna

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 316
As everyone else said...I'm sorry for the loss of your loved one. But, I join in their joy that he is free from this insidious disease. I hope that when my time comes, I too can lay down for a nap and pass peacefully.

God bless you as you and your family grieve together.

> I hope that when my time comes, I too can lay down for a nap and pass peace.

A blessing.

>He is still in the same comfy position so I really do believe that he had no suffereing, no anxiety and just passed in his sleep. For that I will be eternally greatful.

Attachments

• 11703094_1874319976126446_1150052702394428879_n.jpg
    11703094_1874319976126446_1150052702394428879_n.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 284
Cheryl, so sorry- but think he will always be with you, whether it's in a song you hear, a déjà vue moment, a cloud in the sky. He is free and waiting for the day you'll be with him again. In the mean time, do what he would want. Find joy, laughter and blessings each day, amidst the tears. Hugs. Donna

So sorry for your loss. I'm glad it was peaceful and you enjoyed the morning together.

Cheryl, I'm so sorry for your loss, but happy that he went peacefully. Wishing you comfort amidst the whirlwind that's surrounding you. When things quiet down, we'll be here...

I am sorry for your loss. Take comfort in knowing he passed away peacefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back