Diagnosis
02/2012
Country
US
State
GA
City
Thomasville
My sweet Tom went to be with our Lord on Tuesday. His diaphragm couldn't hold up to an infection somewhere in his upper respiratory system. The doctors couldn't pinpoint it (lungs were clear) but they are thinking he had aspiration pneumonia in the deep recesses of his lungs. He suffered Monday night; choking, suffocating and experiencing air hunger. He stayed on the Trilogy all night (which he hated) in a complete sitting position, with O2 for comfort. By morning he was asking for meds to help him breathe, what a struggle. I will forever treasure the notebook he was frantically writing in before they administered the morphine. He even told me to pay the bills and to make sure the funeral home gave him a haircut! I am so thankful for morphine. After the first dose he was able to breathe without the Trilogy (which wasn't helping much anyway). By the afternoon he was deeply asleep, the O2 was completely removed and the breathing eventually stopped. He is free! I'm going to miss him beyond measure but I sure won't miss this disease. First thing I did when I got home was throw the suction machine in the garage. Goodbye ALS. Welcome home My precious Tom. God is in control and He is good.

I am deeply sorry for your loss and joyous he is free and whole again. What a wonderful loving wife you have been and how fortunate you were to have each other.

I am so sorry for your loss but I am glad he is now free.

Bless you for the love and support you provided.

So very sorry.
Vincent

May Tom find eternal rest and freedom with our Heavenly Father.
May God guide you and strengthen you as you continue your earthly journey without your beloved Tom.
You are in my prayers, Janelle x

I'm saddened to hear this. But he is free now. You were a great CALS.

As everyone said...I am very sorry for the loss of your dear Tom. But, I'm not sorry that Tom is free of this insidious disease. You were a wonderful caretaker, and he was blessed to have you help him along his journey. God bless you both!

Heartfelt condolences, there just never seems to be the words I would say xxx

Though I so hate to read this, I know it must be a comfort for you to know that he is free from this disease. You are and will continue to be in my prayers.

Vince

He was so fortunate to have you there, in every way, ensuring that he did not suffer. Peace and strength to you and your family.
--Laurie

So sorry for your loss.

So, so sorry- freedom for him, sorrow for you. Glad you could find some humor in his concern about paying the bills, and getting a haircut! What great memories you hold in your heart of being there through this journey. Hugs. Donna

>He is free! I'm going to miss him beyond measure but I sure won't miss this disease. First thing I did when I got home was throw the suction machine in the garage. Goodbye ALS. Welcome home My precious Tom.

freedom! condolences from us ....

so sorry for your lose and at same time glad tom is free of this nightmare. i hope i can have a sense of humor at the end. bless ya chally

So sorry for your heart-wrenching loss. Hope knowing he is completely free will somehow comfort you. Continued thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back