Diagnosis
04/2010
Country
US
State
N.H.
City
Noneknown
For five years we worried about ALS. About how it would end. My husband of thirty nine years passed on Thursday the 16. I never posted a lot because his was so slow...even the newbies seemed worse than he was. He used a bipap at night. A walker to walk. He was just beginning to have voice changes. Still ate and drank what he wanted. Had terrible spasms....
What pisses me off is that for five years he was scared of end stage ALS and he didn't have to be. He was walking down the hall to go to bed..coughed..and never got his breath back. Gone in minutes. No matter what the doctors say...no matter what we know..we still don't know when or how we will go. My husband has been my life for 39 years. How do you live with someone for 39 years...and than not. My sons are so heartbroken...I am so heartbroken...and I am so glad he didn't have to go through the worst of it. I'm just pissed he had to worry about it.
I want the pals and Cals to know how important this forum was to us. How I i met some very important people on here..who I will never meet...who will always be an important part of my life. I want you to all know how much you help...even in your rants...your jokes...your tips.
I want you Pals to know that you are very much loved.

I'm so sorry for your loss, the pain is unexplainable I know.

I am glad that your husband did not suffer a long drawn out end stage, and it is sad he worried about it, but at least his fears did not come to pass.

I truly hope you and your sons can find some peace through the grieving.

So sorry to hear of your hubby's passing, but glad that it was quick and pain free, sending you a big warm hug.
Life without our other half , I just can't imagine it but I know it's going to happen.
Please keep coming back and being a part of this family.
Love Gem

I am sorry mam. I lost my dad few weeks back. I know the pain. Please take care of yourself. We dont know each other but we are a family Always feel free to contact here. May god bless his soul.

I am very sorry to hear about your husband. You are right, there is no way to know what/how the end will be. I wish you and your sons peace in the many years you shared and the comfort you gave, and strength for the future that you will all build for yourselves.

I am so very sorry for your loss. May you and your sons receive peace and comfort.
Thinking of you

I am so sorry for your loss, but grateful that he didn't suffer. I can only imagine, and fear, the feeling of him being gone. I pray that you and your children find peace and comfort.

very sorry for your loss. Praying for peace and comfort for you and your family during this time of pain and grief.

I wanted to add my thoughts of peace and comfort too. You were so kind to me when Sharon passed and
I am praying for you and your family! Your kind heart is so evident!

So very sorry to hear this - please take care of yourself and know that we are here for you - sending loads of hugs your way

~ Heather ~

Thank you for letting us know. So, so sorry. Just too many losses for our elite group. When will they find a cure ? Donna

So sorry for your loss, our prayers are with you and ours.

Sorry. You've been grieving at some level for five years. Celebrate as soon as you're able.

So very sorry for your loss. I can't imagine life without someone you have loved so long. A big hug to you.

So sorry for your loss, at least he didn't suffer.

Janie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back