Diagnosis
11/2008
Country
US
State
MI
City
White Pine
We lost my son...to ALS in Jan...my brother in Feb...to emphysema...and my Dad...to a number of things, he was 99. I just want to to say we were sooooo sad about my Dad and Brother but because we were our son's caregivers the grief is to the base of our soul. Please prepare yourseves how sad and empty you will be when your PAL is gone!

My sincerest condolences to you on the loss of your son and PALS.

I cannot agree more on the grief. I didn't really think much at all about 'after', I was too absorbed in what was happening at the time and dealing it all one day at a time. 7 months later in some ways it's a little easier, in other ways it gets harder all the time.

We will find peace and laughter again, it just takes more than a little time ...

So sorry mom. No one is supposed to lose their child, and especially not to something as cruel as ALS. Tillie, you are so right that there was no time to think about the "after". It has been 9 days since I lost my Joe and I'm struggling to keep busy enough to forget the difficulties he faced each day- and how to fill all the time I spent caring for him. Just have to keep reminding myself that he is now free and was fortunate enough not to get to the point of complete dependence- he would have hated that. We are all sisters in grief!

You can prepare your mind but how do you prepare your heart? I also kept busy after Joe passed away. Now that the projects are complete, I am left with loneliness. Your losses are overwhelming. Your our in my thoughts my sister in grief.

Debbie

You have that so right Debbie. One can never prepare the heart for such a loss. When I lost my I thought I had prepared myself. Boy, was I wrong. One thing that bothers me to is when know one would talk about my mother after her passing. I still wanted to hear fun stories of her and remember the memories and the laughte. Even though she is physically here she still if very much alive in my heart and memories. I am not pushing for medicine necessarily but if you really feel that you are having trouble sleeping and such you might get some prescribe for just a short periold. My dad and I were both on Paxil for just a few months after the loss of my mother. I think it is good for you to talk about it with others on this forum who are going through what you are feeling so you know you aren't alone. At least you know your loved one's aren't suffering anymore and are free from this horrible monster. But, then that really doesn't do much for the whole in our heart. Does it? Sending you a hug, Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back