Reason
PALS
Country
US
State
Florida
City
Auburndale
My brother was diagnosed with ALS the summer of 2006. He was gone by the fall of 2007. I was his CAL.
I signed the papers to take him off of the ventilator as he kept getting pneumonia after pneumonia.
I was at his side when he died.
For three years I felt like a murderer.
Everything is coming back to me as I have recently been diagnosed with ALS.
Today would have been his 66th birthday.
I miss him every day. We grew close during his illness.
We will be together again though I never thought that it would be by the same disease.

In your own journey with ALS, rough as it will be, sounds like your brother will always be with you. And he would appreciate your remembering his birthday.

>Everything is coming back to me as I have recently been diagnosed with ALS.

welcome (and not)

2siblingsals, what a wonderful gift you gave your brother. And you give him now....continuing to honor him and the love you have had for him. I lost my younger sister at age 37 to ovarian cancer. I miss her so much and always think of her on her birthday . It is a testament to the depth of your love for him and the journey you took together.

It's so hard to lose a brother or sister. I'm sorry for your loss and to hear of your diagnosis.

Hope this forum will be helpful and encouraging to you.

Oh, I am so sorry for your brother's passing and now of course your diagnosis. Please do not hold on to any guilt--you did nothing wrong. you helped him and ended his true suffering. welcome to the forum--peace to you

like all the others, sorry to meet you here but welcome!

The next weeks, months will be an emotional roller coaster. Try to go with the flow, expect fear, anger, bitterness, and a new awareness of life. I have found that being active here on these forums has helped me in way I cannot explain, but you will see.

before trying miracle cures, etc., ask here, go to alsuntangled dot com.

Lastly, anxiety can be debilitating so beware.

Lastly, lastly DON'T FALL, take vitamins, keep your calorie intake up, and stay away from sick people, especially w/ respiratory problems.

Kind regards and warm welcome,

Attachments

• IMG_0764.JPG
    IMG_0764.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 314
I'm so sorry 2siblingsALS. Did you know your brother's ALS was familial? Regardless, what a sad shock. Keeping you in my prayers. God bless you!

For three years I felt like a murderer.
No way! you did the right thing.
God bless you on this journey

Janie

The honoring of your brother, in life and in death, was the ultimate act of love. My best to you...

Jim

so sorry for the loss of your brother and the heart ache it still gives you, be kind to yourself.
and very sorry about your diagnosis. we have some wonderful PALS here, you'll see.

You will draw strength and comfort on this forum. So sorry for all you're going thru. You did the right thing with your brother. You set him free............

Debbie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back