Reason
Loved one DX
Country
US
State
maryland
City
cumberland
My step dad, Ron, was diagnosed in March and passed away Friday morning in his sleep. He had bulbar ALS and was still mobile and enjoying parts of life. On his last day we laughed, ate apple pie and I drank beer. I told him I loved and all my care was through love and not pity. When I left to go home he told me loved me. My mom stayed with him all night and fell asleep. He had a wonderful last day, surrounded by people that loved him dearly. His wife was next to him during his last breath. Although we knew he was terminal and were prepared for his passing, it was still a shock he would go so soon. He was spared so much misery and we were able to provide all of his care. I had no idea that would be our last day together but I think he knew. I have no regrets with his care and I loved him a way daughter should. He died with dignity and I hope the rest of the loved ones in this forum may have as much comfort and peace as Ron did. May your days be full of love, compassion, and dignity.
Anne

I am sorry for your loss, but happy for Ron's peace. It was such a great gift for all of you that the last things said was I Love you.

Paulette

Anne,

I'm so very sorry for your loss. He was lucky to have a loving stepdaughter like you.
Our hearts & hugs are with you and your mom.

Sherry

Anne, so sorry for your loss - I am glad Ron did not have to suffer.

Max

I am sorry for your loss. It must have been such a shock but sounds like a good way to go as it was his time. Peace and strength

You are in my thoughts and prayers. I'm so glad his passing was a peaceful one.

Debbie

Anne,
First, I am sorry for your loss. Second, how precious that you can say you loved him the way a daughter should. No wonder he was able to slip away peacefully and with dignity.
Prayers to you, your mom and family.

Jeff

so beautifully said and reflects how beautifully you handled his disease as a family.

My sincere condolences on your loss, but you summed it up perfectly and I can't agree more that he was only spared suffering, and went out filled to the brim with love xxx

Sorry about your loss. But you are right, he didn't suffer much. Sounds like you did a great job keeping him happy and comfy. Peace and strength to you and your family.

I think this is the way I would wish to go quickly no suffering and with people who love me nearby

>He had a wonderful last day, surrounded by people that loved him dearly.

I just reread this thread and realize that some are very fortunate ...

>He had a wonderful last day, surrounded by people that loved him dearly.

I just reread this thread and realize that some are very fortunate ...

ditto Max, ditto

Wow, how fortunate - that he had such a quick go of it. So sorry for your loss.

I'm sorry for your loss, Anne. How you defined his loving time with family, his peaceful passing and the love that remains strong in that passing gives hope to many of us...

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back