Diagnosis
09/2013
Country
CA
State
b.c
City
Chilliwack
My beautiful, strong Mom passed away at home with fourteen family members by her side. The ALS monster did not take her dignity or her spirit. She left this world surrounded by love. I have a very hard time accepting that she is no longer with us and struggle daily. She left on May 3rd at 10.24 pm. It was peaceful, extraordinarily special and a huge comfort for me to know she did not suffer and just went to sleep one final time. She passed away less than eight months since her diagnosis of Bulbar ALS . Dad and Mom would have been celebrating 60 years of wedded bliss in December. My family has all become part of the ALS walk in our community on June 14th in memory of my dear Mom. We had a celebration of life for her this weekend and I plan of getting a tattoo in her memory and plan on participating with the ALS support group in Abbotsford, B.C. I want to give back to the society that gave so much to us in their support and caring attitude from everyone one that met our family.

Shelly, my deepest condolences. Your mom was surrounded by love--and that is a lovely ending for anyone.

>My beautiful, strong Mom passed away at home

Shelly -- our condolences for your loss. Her suffering has ended.

Max & Sandy\

My condolences

Surrounded by love and peaceful is what I want for my Pals. Deepest sympathy for you and your family.

Debbie

I am so very sorry for your loss

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Dana

Our condolences for your loss. What a beautiful way to exit, surrounded by love.

Paulette

Very sorry for your loss. Sending prayers of comfort and strength to you and your family.

So sorry for your loss - glad the end was peaceful.

My deepest condolences. Peace and strength to you and your family.

Shelly, Im sorry for your loss but so thankful she had a peaceful passing.

Shelly, So sorry to hear of your mother's passing. My mom also passed away on May 3, at 9:30 EST. She and dad would have been married 59 years on June 12. Kind of comforting that our mom's arrived at heaven's door about the same time.

I was having just bad "moments". This week I'm having bad "days". Everyone I talk to says you never get over losing your mom, you just get through it.

Prayers out to you and your family.

Kim

my sincerest condolences Shelly.

I'm so glad you were able to have your mum surrounded in love as she passed. I hope you can use that memory as a stabiliser now as you grieve. I do this for myself grieving for my husband.

So sorry for your loss, at least she had the ones she loved by her side, I can only hope for that.
Janie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back