Diagnosis
02/2013
Country
US
State
ga
City
savannah
Well it has been a while since i have been on here. I think i needed some time to process. On January 31,2013 my sweet 56 Year old daddy was diagnosed with ALS and on November 27,2013 he lost his battle. I was so lucky to spend the last 6months of his life by his side everyday helping my mom take care of him. Never once did i hear my dad complain or get mad about what was happening to him. He always told anyone that came to see him that it could always be worse and to not pitty him. His faith was amazing and he faught this disease with more pride than anyone i have ever seen. " A man with an outstanding attitude makes the most of it while getting the worst of it" This is exactly what my daddy did!

I am so sorry for your loss--your dad sounded like a great man.

I am sorry for your loss. Sending prayers of comfort and strength for you and your family.

So sorry for your loss. You will always have and cherish those memories of your dad, and of your choice to spend that time with him.

He was a testament to his faith by his actions, people like him have a light and energy shining from them. I am sure this world will be a little less bright without him in your life. Carry on his spirit, and faith as there is nothing more that could please him more, except walking up to the throne of Christ carrying his crown laden with jewels, and to hear well done good and faithful servant.
Paulette

So sorry for the loss of your dad. How wonderful that you spent so much time with him.

Jennifer,

Sincere condolences. The words you wrote have inspired me to follow his example - but I think it will be a challenge to do so. He sounds like a great guy - who has a great daughter. Love doesn't die.

My heartfelt condolences to you, Jennifer. I know that for the rest of your life not a day will go by that you don't think of him, cherishing his love, thankful for all that he taught you and for giving you a wonderful example of how to live and endure hardship and suffering with grace. I pray the Lord fill you with His peace and comfort.

So sorry for your loss. You are a wonderful and caring daughter. Peace be with you and you're family.

So sorry for your loss Jennifer, cherish all the happy memories of the time you got to spend with your dad, thinking of you x

So sorry for your loss, Jennifer. Not an easy path that the PALS have and it is heartwrenching for CALS as well. My prayers to you and your family and you cope with this loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back