Reason
CALS
Country
US
State
Nc
City
Huntersville
My sweet sister passed this morning. One year and two months after diagnosis and a rapid progression. In the end she went 13 days without food and just sips of water. We couldn't get her comfy at home, and the drugs weren't helping. We transferred her to inpatient hospice (her decision) where they took excellent care to get her out of pain. She was awake, aware and calling the shots until they gave her drugs. Bless her heart, I know you guys didn't know her but she was the sweetest soul ever. 61 yrs old.

I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Another victim of one of the most heartbreaking diseases -ALS.

So Sorry for your loss. I have to feel she is definitely in a better place.
Many hugs!

Very sad about your sister - so quick a journey! Happy to know she was in charge until the end - speaks to her strength and bravery and to the love surrounding her.

Wishing you courage in the days ahead.

Hi Deb! I am so sorry about your sis! Thanks for telling us! It sounds like you two had a very special connection! My thoughts and prayers are with you!

so sorry for your loss. I wish peace to you and your family.

I am so sorry for your loss. Peace and strength to your family.

Your sis sounds like she was a brave and confident woman. Prayers to you for comfort and peace.

So sorry for your loss. You honoured her wishes to the end and that will always give you extra peace I hope. Deb sounds like a wonderful person, cherish her memory always.

I'm very sorry to hear the news of your sister. May you find peace in the days to come.

I am so sorry for your loss.

So sorry for your loss. She was blessed to have you as a sister, as you were blessed to have her.

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Glad to hear that you were there for her.

I am very sorry for your loss, thoughts and prayers go out to you.

Dana

So sorry for your loss, Deb. Loss my older sis to this beast as well and my FIL too. So much for a "rare" disease, huh? Prayers to you and the family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back