Diagnosis
12/2012
Country
US
State
TN
City
Nashville
Hello fellow gang members. After 7 straight sleepless days and nights, you would think I could sleep a while. But the outpouring of support for me and my precious wife has been so amazing that I just had to try to thank everyone.

My wife's struggle ended yesterday morning at 8:35 and although I will dearly miss her for the rest of my days, I was hugely relieved to see her suffering finally stop.

I came to these forums early this year thinking this had to be just about the worst place anyone could ever be. I have now changed my mind completely, and realize that it is probably the very best place anyone could be, given the circumstances.

Vicki, Elaine, Barbie, Caroline, and Tillie have been my sheroes, and Kim has been there too, along with the rest of you guys and girls. I cannot adequately express my gratitude to all of you, and now, I intend to be 'Here4Y'all', and start actively trying to raise ALS awareness in loving memory of my incredible and amazing wife, Ellen. As she put it Fri.night with one of her last words, 'What a ride!'.

Steve

Hi Steve, so sorry for your loss, you can at least take some comfort in knowing your wife loved you as you loved her and she is no longer suffering, my thoughts are with you, Anne

Dear steve.
Again,i am so very sorry for the loss of your beloved ellen.
You have been a rock for not only ellen but for pals and cals on this forum.
You reached out and showed so much love despite what you and ellen were going through.
You dear man are one in a million and ellen would be so proud.
We are here for you also,dont forget that.

Steve,
sharing your journey with you and El has been one of the biggest privileges in my life so far.

Your attitude to your wife has uplifted my spirit constantly.
Your care for her, the way you were here4her every single day, the way you loved her until her suffering was blessedly ceased will live on in my heart and soul for the rest of my life.

You have inspired me in my role as carer for my own husband, and I thank you and I honour the beautiful and amazing Ellen for what you have both given me, even in the time of your own darkest despair.

So I raise my glass to the magnificent Ellen and her free flying spirit, and your selfless love for her.

"you never know what will be coming down, but don't let the uncertainty turn you around, go on and make a joyful sound!"

My dear dear friend Steve. We have shared many conversations, fears and good jokes and now we share grief. Through thick and thin, painpal.

You loved El to the depth of your soul and she loved you. Truly a pure and beautiful love. That will never go away. I am so sorry for your loss. I am still here for you.

Sending wishes on your loss and adjustment to the future.

My wife is nearing the end and what keeps me motivated is my belief that soon my wife's soul will be able to experience talking, laughing, singing. walking , running, and dancing.

My thoughts and prayers are with you , Steve.

Steve,

Hard to find adequate words to bring you some small comfort. You kept your promise to Ellen - and then some. What a gift! You safeguarded her dignity, her privacy and above all, you loved her more with each passing day. I'm certain you two will be reunited someday.

Until then, I believe, your Ellen will be tenderly watching over you and she will no doubt be here4you.

Dear Steve, my deepest condolences...

Steve, I am so sorry for your loss but I totally understand the the relief you felt. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Please stay in touch with us.

Hugs to you
Dana

Steve, I am so sorry for the loss of your precious Ellen. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Steve,
I am so sorry for your loss. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Wish I was there in person to give you a great big hug. Feel free to PM me anytime. I care! Kim

I am so sorry for your loss, Steve. You so thoughtfully messaged me recently and I really admired your strength.

My prayers are with you to find peace. So very sorry :(

My heart goes out to you Steve. I know how incredibly painful it is for you.

Dear Steve,

I am just so sorry--ALS is so unfair and unkind. I hope that you will find peace and happiness as time passes. Ellen was a lucky woman to have you..

I am so sorry Steve. Peace and comfort in the days to come

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back