Diagnosis
10/2011
Country
US
State
Ca
City
San Ramon
It is with intense sadness that I finally share that the greatest man to have ever graced us is gone. My soulmate passed on July 5th and I will be forever at a loss without him. I seriously don't know how to go on.

Frederick Joseph Bustos
Resident of San Ramon and Pinole
The stars in the sky shone a bit more brightly on the night of July 5th, 2013 as Frederick J Bustos passed from this life into the next. He gracefully escaped the grips of ALS and FrontoTemporal Degeneration and now runs free with the Angels.
Fred was born to Antonio and Margaret Bustos on September 18th, 1956, the last of seven children. He graduated as President of his class from Harry Ells High School in Richmond and went on to attend Cal Berkeley majoring in Business Administration. Fred worked at Chevron Corporation as a Tax Analyst for 33 years. His loves included his family, sports of any kind, driving to far off destinations on a moment's notice, Lake Tahoe, anything CAL (Grr-Rah!) and most of all, his loving wife, Shelly, whom he referred to as his glue. He was an exceptional father, the perfect partner and could make a trip to Costco more fun and exciting than all 7 games of the World Series put together. Like a fine wine, he improved in character and quality with every passing day.
The cast of characters in Fred's life include his wife, Shelly Montano and her children, Maria and Alex, his children Jennifer Cutz (Ryan), Monica Walbolt (Tom) and Geralyn Hagardy (Alex), his mother Margaret Bustos, brothers Tony (Maria), Chris (Ellie), and Herman (Madelyn) Bustos, sisters Priscilla Pino (Adrianne), Adela Hawkins (AD), and Rachel Contreras as well as 3 grandchildren and numerous nieces, nephews, cousins and the most wonderful friends and neighbors you can imagine, who showed him in every way possible what a special man he was, every day. He was predeceased by his father, Antonio Bustos and an infant daughter, Stephanie.
A vigil for Fred will be held on Wednesday, July 17th at 7:00 pm at St. Elizabeth Seton Catholic Church, 4001 Stoneridge Dr. Pleasanton CA, and a mass will follow on Thursday, July 18th at 10:30 am, with a reception to follow. In lieu of flowers, please consider a donation in Fred's name to Tribute Gifts | Sutter Health's CPMC Foundation specifying your gift be received by the Forbes Norris ALS Center or https://makeagift.ucsf.edu/brain and select UCSF Memory and Aging Center.
Fred would wish to extend a huge thank you to Connie Silva, Jennifer Dacanay and the wonderful people at Kaiser Oakland Hospice, including Shakti, Ann, Huldah and Susan for their support and kind and tender care, and most of all, to the People at Chevron, who allowed Fred a fairy tale ending.

I can't believe that I have to endure the rest of my life without him. How do people go on?

Shelly

I am crying for you right now...so sorry.

Peace to you and your family

Shelly - Believe it or not, you will get through this. At this time, hold your family close, and lean on your true friends. The day will come when memories of the life you had together will bring pleasure instead of the gut-wrenching sense of loss.

Thinking of you and your family.

Oh Shelley,

I'm so sorry. Your husband sounds like an incredibly loving and fun loving man.

A decade of the rosary going your way tonight.

You will get past the grief. Fred will help you, I'm certain of it.

So sorry to hear your news, Shelley. My love and prayers coming your way.

My condolences to your and your family

So sorry, Shelly. You and Fred were and always will be, a great team. What a wonderful obituary. Sending you warm thoughts and the world of good energy to help you along. Take care sweet lady. You know I'm always here for you should you need to talk. Yasmin.

Shelly, wishing you strength and peace. HUGS, Lori

You have my sincerest and deepest sympathy. I pray an abundance of grace, peace, and comfort for you.

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. You are in my prayers. Kim

I am sorry for your loss. I am sending prayers of strength and comfort to you and your family.

Shelly, I'm sorry for your loss of your husband. May he rest in peace.

I am so sorry about your loss, wishing you peace and strength.
- rosec

So sorry about your loss Cubcake. (((((( hugs)))))))

I am sorry for your loss, thoughts and prayers go out to you.

Dana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back