• Memoriam wall
    • We've created a memoriam wall to remember our friends
    • If you know someone that battled ALS, please add them here

Heaven gained an Angel on 5/31/13, My beautiful mother is resting in paradise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

highspirits8

Diagnosis
02/2012
Country
US
State
CA
City
Palmdale
My best friend and mother Irma Irene Lastra passed on May 31st 2013, roughly 2 years after her diagnoses. I know she is resting in heaven and is now my guardian angel. I know she is doing everything she could do before she was sick in heaven. Dancing, eating, cleaning and all that she enjoyed. Cheers to her life.

I want to start by saying thank you Mom for becoming my best friend during your battle with ALS. You enriched my life these past 2 years with priceless memories I will always cherish. I have to say the most rewarding feeling I've ever had in my life was taking care of you and just putting a smile on your face. You showed me that when everything seems to go against you, the simple things in life are what brings true happiness (family, laughing, etc). I felt as I lost my best friend when you passed, but then I realized I gained a guardian angel. I love you Mother, I will live everyday of my life making you proud. I miss you, but I will see you one day again. :cry:

***Roughly ten minutes after my mother passed my sister took a picture of the sun on top of our house and in the picture a beautiful infant boy or girl appeared. I do not tend to believe in seeing things in pictures, but the face is clear. I like to think it was my mother's guardian angel coming for her. If you guys would like I can post the picture on request. It's a beautiful enlightening picture. :p

What a beautiful tribute! I am so sorry for your loss!
Wishing you peace and comfort
Nikki

So very sorry for your loss. Sending prayers of strength for you and your family.

I would love to see that picture and I am sorry for your loss.

Sorry about your loss and would love to see the picture.

so sorry for your loss.

In the picture here. right above the sun is the face of a child with what looks like a pacifier... press CTRL + to zoom in on the web page to help you see it better. or save the file and zoom a little in. :p I truly always think of the ALS community and pray everyday for everyone to get better and to be strong & happy.

Attachments

• 2013-05-31_15.12.30.jpeg
    2013-05-31_15.12.30.jpeg
    490.6 KB · Views: 27,688
I am sorry for your loss. I lost my mother,Dorothy,to ALS almost 2 years ago. I have never been the most religious person, but I prayed a lot while my mother was sick. She lived 4 and a half years after her diagnosis. On the day of her funeral, on the drive home with my wife and kids,I was more quite than usual. This was because I was praying. I asked God to just let me know if my mom was with Him. I asked Him to give me a sign,any kind of sign,a rainbow,anything,just to set my mind at ease.I knew that it is not necessary for God to give proof,that faith has to be enough.I stopped at my cousins house for a few minutes,which happens to be near where my mother grew up.of course it rained while we were there. When I left I decided to go down the old road that my mom spent most of her childhood years. Thats when I saw the most beautiful rainbow I have ever seen. I still cry when I see a rainbow sometimes,but they are happy tears. They remind me of the best days. Time has eased the pain of losing my mother,but just focusing on the good times we had together,remembering how much closer we became during her battle,has also helped. I just happened to join this site today,on my first visit,after reading your post. Remember the good times.Thank you for sharing.

I am sorry for your loss and I do see the baby in the picture and the wings also. What a beautiful message from your mom.

Dana

I'm so sorry for your loss! And, thank you so much for posting the picture. Wow... It is amazing and comforting!

thank you guys for the support. and ya i dont see wings, but my sisters do see them like you. thank you guys for the comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back