Diagnosis
08/2011
Country
US
State
NC
City
Greensboro
May 2, 2013 was the saddest day of my life. Ralph, the love of my life, passed away. I loved him with all my heart and now I feel half my heart is missing. I miss him so much and every time I look around I see something that reminds me of him. I hate this disease!

I have only just lost you the pain is hard to bear
Do I have to go through life knowing you're not there
please some one explain to me why he had to go
are there any reasons I really need to know
I sit here and remember all the lovely times we shared
the talks the laughter of every one you cared
I am told the pain will ease in time
and I will think of him without a tear
but that will be impossible as I need to have him here
He was my very world to me my ever guiding star
Just kiss me softly on the cheek and tell me where you are
By Anne Spiller

Blessings and prayers of strength and love for you and your family. I am so sorry for your loss. You were a loving and devoted wife. Peace.

My sincere condolences. It is such a an abrupt halt in so many ways. This monster, or my "Public Enemy Number 1", as I refer to it, not only takes away your loved one, but leaves you wiped out as well. It certainly pulls no punches. I will not say time heals, or it is for the best. It simply is what it is. I will be thinking of you at this time and can only hope that you have friends and family to support you. Although, when you have battled the ALS monster, very few people can understand what you have been through, they will do their best to help.

Today was one month since my partner, Michel, passed away (April 5). I posted "Free at last" when he died. The past month has been a complete whirlwind, incredibly busy and lots of ups and downs. Today, I hosted a picnic at the last place I took him to before he passed, for a bunch of friends to celebrate his life. Of course, I held it together for most of the time but did eventually break down simply because I just miss him so much and find it difficult to have to wait the rest of my life until I hope we are reunited on some other plane. This is MND week (May 5-11), so to end the week, I will attend a special Remembrance Ceremony to light a candle for him. I try and find purpose and a new rhythm to my life, but know that this is going to take a very, very long time to achieve. However, I do know that like my partner, I am sure the love of your life, will be watching over you, supporting you and encouraging you to keep moving forward. I believe that the one thing they will want is that even though this disease took them away from us, they won't want it to destroy our lives as well. While I am half way round the word, "Down Under", know that someone feels for you and your pain, and has a little understanding of what you feel!

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I wish there was something more I could do to comfort you. Please know that I will be prayer for you and your family. Kim

I am so sorry you lost Ralph. My husband passed almost 21 months ago and it's still very difficult and also unbelievable sometimes. And yet very real. Sending you warm thoughts and my deepest condolences. Yasmin.

I am so sorry for your loss. I am sending you love and peace... B

My sympathy! God Bless you and your family!

So sorry! Thinking of you during this most difficult time. ALS took my husband 2/3/2013. Hugs to you.

Sending prayers for comfort and peace to you and yours.

Ruth

I am so sorry to learn of your most recent news.

I am very sorry for your loss. Prayers to you and your loved ones.

So sorry for your loss, thinking of you, Anne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back