Diagnosis
09/2011
Country
US
State
Florida
City
Miami
:cry: Hi all - wanted to say how much my mom has been missed...i think with time it will get better, but its not, sometimes i wish i had her next to me, i dont care if i have to suction her saliva or wipe her mouth or bath her or feed her thru the peg, none of that matters to me, as long as i can see her one more time, hug her and kiss her one more time....i miss her soo much !
Mom we will see eachother again, until then i am thinking of you everyday !

I wish you peace and love. I found this when reading quotes one day and thought maybe it can help in your sorrow.

"I know for certain that we never lose the people we love, even to death. They continue to participate in every act, thought and decision we make. Their love leaves an indelible imprint in our memories. We find comfort in knowing that our lives have been enriched by having shared their love." Leo Buscaglia

thank you so much for your words...i agree with you 100 %...thank you

Amy, I feel your pain in every way! It's not been quite 3 months since my Mom passed away....I miss her terribly! One day at a time is all I do.

Vicki, that is an awesome quote!

Patty

I am caring for my mom now. I hope she passes peacefully when her time comes. She is scared, so am I.
These posts are helpful. Know you have given me a vision of how I should be with my own mother now. Time heals - I lost my sister years ago but her smile stays in my heart. God bless.

Ana Maria - tommorow will be 2 months my mom has passed, that doesnt even sound right...i still cant get over the fact she is gone (physically)..i miss her everyday more and more...i can not express enough how important it is to spend time with her (your mom) now.....the moments you spend with your mom forever will be with you..i catch myself reliving those last months with her in my head .....tell her how much you love her each day...tell her nothing that you are doing for her is a burden to you...i have somewhat peace in me knowing that atleast i did all i could for her...she is such a special person...I MISS HER SOOO MUCH! :(

Pscheffel - your mom was diagnosed in 12/11, my mom was diagnosed in 09/11...how was her passing ? was she still able to move ? did she have a peg tub ?...were you her caregiver ?...its amazing how quickly this happened...my mom really started spiraling downward the last month or so...she had no muscle on her lips or her neck, her head was bent down...it was awfull to see her like that...i put her to bed (actually i put her to sleep on the sofa that night because it was so difficult for her to breath laying even on her side, and she hated the bipap...i checked her at 1.30amd and she was fine, but i woke up again at 2.30 am and she had taken off the bipap, when i got close to her to turn it off and put it away i noticed she was not breathing....i will have that in my mind for as long as i live......at least she went peacfully, and thats what i prayed to god that happened....
one day at a time !
Amy

Sorry for your loss, Amy. Hard to watch them when they get that way. My prayers are with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back