Reason
Loved one DX
Country
US
State
NM
City
Albuquerque
11/20/2012 -- On this forever-to-be-infamous day my beloved angel, Nancy, lost her courageous battle with ALS. I titled this "Two Lived End Simultaneously" because she was my whole world and my life as I knew it ended at precisely the same moment. I am beyond devastated but I wanted to thank the many of you here who offered some measure of comfort to each of us with the compassion shown here and the information available. Though none of you could have known the special person she was, everyone she met saw it (cliche but actually true) though I alone knew the true depth of her beauty. I was privileged for 22 years and simply cannot fathom a world without her in it. I will grieve for the rest of my days.

There were many other wonderful people involved in my wife's struggle to whom I will be grateful but as is typically the case, even the best treatment does not stop this beast of a disease. I can't seem to escape the feeling that all of those efforts were in vain. While I struggle now with my own devastation, on this Thanksgiving day I find myself enormously grateful for the 22 years we had together while I weep without shame for what she lost, what humanity lost and lastly for my own loss. I was immensely proud to be her husband and I will wear my wedding ring and maintain that pride for the rest of my life -- whatever form that may take. The username I chose a year ago when I first signed up at this site fails to convey what I now feel. I am so far beyond heartbroken now that mere words could never adequately express it.

For all of you here that have already gone through what I now face, for those of you in the process of dealing with this and those who have yet to make an appearance, my heart (what's left of it) goes out to all of you. Good luck and best wishes.

So sorry for the loss of your beloved wife. Your love for her is evident in your tribute to her as a person. Wishing you some solace in the memory of your years together.

I am sorry to hear about the passing of your wife. I can tell by your post how much you love her. Hope beautiful memories of your life together sustain you during this horrible time. You will be in my prayers as well as all the others dealing with this monster of a disease. Kim

I'm so sorry. I hate ALS and how the beast robs life! God Bless!

I'm sorry for your loss. Hopefully, you can continue in your efforts to help others--in her memory. Take care.

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Peace be with you!

Jen

This is sad news- of course your heart is shattered. I wondered where you have been and just this morning, sent you Thanksgiving Greetings- I am sorry- I did not know you just lost your Nancy. Hope this lovely poems brings a bit of light into these dark days:

When God saw you getting tired

When God saw you getting tired
And a cure was not to be
He put his arms around you
And whispered come to me
He didn't like what you went through
And he gave you rest
His garden must be beautiful
He only takes the best
And when we saw you sleeping
So peaceful and free from pain
We wouldn't wish you back
To suffer that again
Today we say goodbye
And as you take your final rest
That garden must be beautiful
Because you are one of the best.

Anonymous

You and Nancy are in my prayers.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

I am so sorry for your loss. You are in my thoughts x

I am so moved by your heart~felt tribute...so full of love. Your feelings
come through so deeply....so reverently....you are such a kind soul!

Thank you all and I wish you each the peace that you richly deserve.

So very sorry for you loss and pain.

I'm so sorry for your loss...you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Sorry for your loss...
My own sweetpea Clive slipped away quietly on the 18th November 2012.
We had just three years and seven months together but I share your pain...
and I wear his wedding ring alongside my own :(

I am so sorry for your great loss. Living without the love of your life is difficult. It is always a moment at a time, a minute at a time, a day at a time. It always seems so new and fresh and raw. Everything is a reminder. Nancy lives on in your heart and soul. You will feel her love. That will help you along. Thinking of you. Yasmin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back