Diagnosis
05/2012
Country
uk
State
mid glamorgan
City
caerphilly
My poor dear Clive was taken poorly Saturday night and we went to A&E by ambulance at 9.30pm. He was so brave, given fluids by IV and oxygen and slipped away ever so quietly at 5.05am on Sunday 18th November 2012. He suffered no distress whatsoever and his breathing just slowed til it stopped. I am so proud of him as he struggled tremendously with this terrible disease, especially since being diag nosed in May, and I am so grateful the end came quietly and peacefully for him.
I am still reeling from the suddeness of it all and in my naivety, I thought they would patch him up with fluids and antibiotics to last a little longer, but it wasn't to be as he was badly dehydrated and blood results were very poor as a result of him not having had adequate food and drink for some time.
He refused all treatments to help be more comfortable as he didn't want to prolong the inevitable he said, and it was so hard but I did my best to abide by his wishes.
I can't believe I exchanged my hubby for a bereavement booklet today,
God it hurts.. :(:(:(
Sleep well my love, now you are free xxx

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Oh Mair- I am so very sorry. You are a wonderful CALS- and I'm certain your fortitude helped him so very much.
I am praying for you both.

Hugs to you Mair. You did him proud. Peace to you and your family. Love, Lori

Mair, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss of Clive... my deepest sympathies to you and your family.

Mair,
I'm so sorry! You were a wonderful caretaker for Clive! My love and prayers are being sent your way!

Love,
Jen

I'm sorry Mair.

I am so sorry for your sudden loss--I am so surprised to see this post. bless you and your dear husband...

I'm so sorry! God Bless you! I hate ALS!

Oh Mair, I'm so sorry for your husband's passing. You are in my thoughts and prayers Dear One.

I'm so sorry you lost Clive. Even when we know the inevitable is happening, we are never ready or prepared. Thinking of you and sending warm thoughts your way. Yasmin.

Im so sorry for your loss. Prayers and Thoughts

I am so very sorry to hear this. My thoughts are with you xx

Just remember there's no ALS in the next life. My sympathy goes out to you lost your husband and your bravery at respecting his decisions.
Holly

So sorry Mair, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back