• Memoriam wall
    • We've created a memoriam wall to remember our friends
    • If you know someone that battled ALS, please add them here

The love of my life is now whole again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmbenb83

Distinguished member
Diagnosis
03/2008
Country
US
State
VA
City
Stafford
Dear forum friends, Eric passed away 09/24/2012, Monday evening at 5:35. It was a long journey that did not end as peacefully as we had hoped. He was an amazingly brave man who kept his humor and zest for life over the past 5 years. He will be missed dearly by all who knew him. I will post a copy of his obituary below.

Eric Norman Balch, 50, of Stafford, died Monday, September 24, 2012, at his home surrounded by his family after a long and brave battle with ALS, Lou Gehrig’s Disease.

Eric proudly served as police officer for the Uniform Division of the United States Secret Service for 17 years alongside his Uniform Division “Brothers and Sisters.” Throughout his career he was given several Life Saving Awards including one for resuscitating a little girl on Christmas Eve who was struck by a car. He received the Valor Award presented by the Director of Homeland Security, Tom Ridge, for his joint effort in attempting to save two men from a steam pipe explosion near the White House.

Survivors include his beloved wife, Pamela Balch; son Matthew Balch; daughters, Heather and Megan Balch and grandson, Eric James Meadow. He is also survived by nineteen loving nieces and nephews as well as his extensive and incredibly supportive friends whom he considered family.

He was preceded in death by his parents, Leslie and Betty Balch and a sister, Leslie LaVergne Briel.

A memorial service will be held at a later date.

In lieu of flowers memorial donations may be made to The ALS Association DC/MD/VA Chapter “In memory of Eric Balch”, 7507 Standish Place Rockville, MD 20855 or HEROES, INC 1200 29th Street, NW Washington, DC 20007.

Once again, I would like to thank all of you on the forum. We truly could not have made it through this without all of you. You are the best group of people I have ever met (even though not in person).

All my love to you all.
Pam

So sad for you and yours. I have yet to go through this with my wonderful sister. We are a family. My sympathies and love to you. We have never met but we are traveling on the same path.

I am so sorry to hear of the passing of your husband and bestfriend. May you be comforted with the fact that he is now in heaven where there is no ALS or suffering. Praying for your family during this very difficult time. Kim

Pam, so sorry for your loss. You are not alone as you have your forum family sending you prayers and hugs.

Pam,
I'm so sorry to hear of Eric's passing! Sending you hugs and prayers!

Jen

Pam, I am so sorry that Eric struggled in the end. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Pam. I am so sorry you lost Eric. You were amazing during the course of this awful disease. My deepest and most sincere condolences to you, your children, family and friends. Thinking of you. Yasmin.

I'm sorry Pam.

I am so sorry for your loss, Pam.

my deepest sympathy to you and your family. He is whole again...

peace and love to you.

I'm so sorry to hear this. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Pam, we're so sorry that the end of Eric's journey wasn't as peaceful as hoped for. Our prayers are going up for you and the family to find comfort and peace. You've been a dedicated and loving CALS and I hope that in time you will be able to continue to share the unique knowledge you've gained to help others who travel this road.

Pam...prayers for peace in your heart. He is free from this monster.

Oh Pam, sending my condolences! Please take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back