Diagnosis
08/2011
Country
US
State
WI
City
wis rapids
Hey everyone, my mom passed away June 20. She really went down hill fast. Sorry haven't been on her earlier to tell you all. Everything just happened so fast. Still hard to believe and I already miss her tons, my dad isn't taken it good at all. I wish I could just take the hurt away. Sometimes its so hard to take in. Thank you for all the support that have given me through this short time that my mom had ALS. I have no regrets and enjoyed taking care of her. I know it was probably hard to have her husband and daughters help her w everything but those are memories now. I wasn't there when she passed, she went sometime while my sister's back was turned and my dad left the room. She had many people come to say goodbye and we got to spend 5 hrs w her before she was taken. She got cremated right away and now she is at home w my dad where she belongs until he passes and she will get buried w him. Its actually more comforting that she is still w us instead of being buried so when I go see my dad, she is still there but a different form. Now the hard part is to get on w life w/out her. Doesn't seem real most the time and I wish it was just a bad dream...Gets me mad when I hear others that aren't getting along w their mom. I would give anything to have her back. Life is too short. I have a hole in my heart that will never be the same. I NEVER say my mom as a burden as she thought she was. I was glad I could help her and be there for her till the end.

The week before she was still telling me what to do and communicating. At that point she was going 3 wks w/out food and barely drinking water. We were giving it to her w a syringe. The Thurs before Fathers day was the last time she hugged, kissed me and told me she loved me. Friday was her last day out of bed. On Fathers day I went in to see her and she did open her eyes and looked at me but was sleeping more and Mon and Tues was the hardest. We knew it was only a matter of time. I believe she wasn't in any pain since she never really took her morphine and still was only taking the minimal dose. Wed about 4:30 her breathing got funny so my sis called me. Than they gave her alittle morphine and when I called around 6:30 her breathing got better, around 8 my sis said come on over and when the kids and I got there she was already gone. Still its hard to believe....

I am so sorry. Wish I could give you a hug. jamiem

I am so sorry for your loss

Cindy

I'm so very sorry for the loss of your mom. Just know that you were a very loving daughter. May she rest in peace and may you find peace in knowing she went quietly.

So sorry for your loss. Thinking of you and sending you warm thoughts and wishes for peace. Yasmin

I'm so sorry to hear of your mom's passing.

So sorry to hear of your Mom's passing! I know she is very proud of you!

Hugs,
Jen

So sad to hear your news - your Mom was well loved; I believe love never dies and that she will live on in your heart and mind forever.
I wish you courage in the days to come.

So sorry to hear this news, Jessie. I'm so glad that you were there to care for and comfort your mom

I am so sorry for your loss, if you ever want to talk I am here and I can symapthize with how you are feeling.

Dana

Jessie,
I am so very sorry. It just isn't fair...Your relationship with your Mom seemed very much like mine is with my Mom. I had been thinking of you and your Mom. It is awesome that you got to care for her and be with her, I bet she is so very proud of you. I wish you and your family peace and comfort. I do hope your children are doing okay.
Take care,
Patty

The bond between mother and child is never broken. Let her live on in your heart. Peace.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your Mom. I also believe that love never dies and she'll always be with you. Praying for peace for you and your family.

I am very sorry for your loss. What a gift, to have such loving care.

I am so sorry for your loss, and pray for your family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back