Diagnosis
10/2008
Country
US
State
pa
City
malvern
Hi, Mommy...missing you, all days but especially today since you took your last breath two years ago this morning. My sisters and I were so relieved that you were released...still miss you all the same. Thanks for visiting us in bird form....we are thrilled when you fly by or perch on the porch rail to eavesdrop.
xoxoxo
Barbara

So sorry you lost your mum and obviously you and your sister miss her so much. I'm glad she's visiting you. Take care, Barbara.

Barbara, I am sorry you lost your mom, also. Its wonderful that she is still with you and your sisters. I will remember your mom every time a bird flies by my windows.

It's so wonderful that you can keep her memory alive through the sights and sounds of the birds...

So sorry you lost your Mom. It is so wonderful that you keep her with you in memories of her. I lost my Mom suddenly--not by ALS. I found out it was odd things that brought memories of her back to me. Certain flower smells, hearing a certain song...just a variety of things would bring back a happy memory of her. So glad you have found something to remind you of her. It helps :)

I am sorry about you mom. I have been taking care of my mom the last year. She was diagnoised Jan. 12, 2011. Is there really some relief of them being gone? I feel like I am accepting the fact she won't be here much longer. She has no quality of life. She sits in her recliner and thats it. Her speech was the first thing gone. I haven't heard her voice in about 2 years. Then her right hand then the left. And now her legs. I wouldn't wish this on anyone. She still has hope for the cure. She is amazing. I wish I had her strength. I already miss her.

daughter2, so sad to read your post -- but I do also believe that a person can never truly be gone from us as long as we hold onto the memories and continue to see them in all the new, beautiful things that we have in our lives! I'm sure your mom knows how much you love and miss her!

My Grandma gained her freedom at the same time.

Oh thank you all, I always feel the warmth here...thank you so for your kind words and shared stories.

I am sorry that your mom has been suffering this ugly process....I also missed my mom months before she was actually gone. There really will be relief for both of you even when it seems cruel to think so, it is true. I will be thinking of you especially because we love our moms so very much.
B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back