• Memoriam wall
    • We've created a memoriam wall to remember our friends
    • If you know someone that battled ALS, please add them here

Mom in hospital with Pnuemonia any hope?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbino0420

Reason
Loved one DX
Country
US
State
ky
City
louisville
My mom just had her feeding tube put in last Friday, then over the weekend she starting feeling very tired and slept alot. Monday we rushed her to hospital couldn't breath very well. She now has pnuemonia. She had the bronchio suction the day beofre yesterday , her SP02 stayed in the 80's they almost had to intabate her, but we were able to bring her up with 100% oxygen mask. But my mom is still saying she doesnt feel good and says she doesnt feel any change to the better with her brething. Day 5 still in hospital, waiting on morning Chest Xray to come back. Has anyone gone through this with ALS and got rid of the pnuemonia?

I don't have any advice or experience with this particular problem. I will keep you in my prayers.

A friend of mine was in hospital 12 days and got over it. Takes time to clear up I guess. Good luck to all.

It can be stubborn. Don't give up hope. No intubation is a good sign.

AL

God bless all of you. Yes there have been others who have recovered from pneumonia. It can be a prolonged process. I'm hoping this mornings x-rays will look better.

Sending good strong thoughts and prayers your way. Don't give up hope. Xoxoxo

Keeping your Mom in my Prayers. {{HUG}}

My Dad was in the hospital in December with pneumonia and recovered from it completely. We didn't know then he had ALS, but now we know the ALS-related aspiration was probably the cause.

Keeping good thoughts and prayer for your Mom.

Beckysuenc

Yes, it can be overcome if caught in time. Sounds like that may be the case with your mom!

Good luck to y'all.

My partner had pneumonia in Nov/December last year. He stayed in hospital for 2 weeks and was given IV antibiotics. His x-ray now looks better but recovery can be prolonged. There are others on here who had pneumonia and fully recoverd. My partner used his bipap machine almost 24/7 when he had pneumonia. It is important to sit up/have upper body raised (we were told) and not just lie flat on the bed. We used cough assist machine daily, several times a day which had helped. And he also had chest physio.

Don't give up! Dani

My PALS is on a vent and he's had pneumonia multiples times and recovered.
It could go either way. Will keep your Mom in my thoughts.
Good luck.

Good luck, keeping you and your Mom in my prayers.

You and your mother are in my prayers! God Bless.

You and your mum are in my thoughts too. Yasmin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back