Diagnosis
09/2010
Country
UK
State
Devon
City
Axminster
My husband passed away yesterday 9th March. I have never posted before but I wanted to pay tribute to his dignity and bravery. He was diagnosed in Sept 2010 and then respiratory failure 2 months later so he used a bi-pap for 17 months. As it progressed he had no mobility with it also affecting his arms and hands but his spirit remained strong and couldn't be broken. The last few weeks have been so hard for him, he had been on a morphine driver and breathing was a struggle. He fought so hard to stay with me but it's a battle that can't be won and at the end he chose to take off the bi-pap mask. It was my privilege to look after him - we chose not to have carers - and he passed peacefully with me holding his hand.
His struggle is over.

So sorry to hear of your husband's passing. Thank you for taking such good care of him.

So very sorry for your loss. He was very brave. My thoughts and prayers go out to you, Carole!

Your husbands bravery and courage were equalled by your own. I am sorry for your loss.

Carole so sorry to hear of your loss. Your husband was blessed to have you by his side x

Thoughts and prayers are with you.

Carole, so sorry to learn of the loss of your husband. Our thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family.

I am very sorry for your loss.

Dana

I am so very sorry your loss, Carole. It sounds like you were both there for each other right till the end. Thinking of you and sending my deepest condolences to you and your family. Yasmin.

Last edited:
Carole, it sounds like you were both very brave. He was lucky to have you by his side through his journey. My deepest condolences to you and your family.
Helen

sorry for you loss, thank you for taking such good care of him. God bless all the CALS.

Your Dear Husband and you are very brave. May God comfort you in your time of sorrow.

So very sorry for your loss! Each time I read a post like this, my heart breaks. Please know that you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers!

Sorry for your loss. Thank you for being his best friend and taking such good care of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back