Reason
CALS
Country
US
State
MN
City
Rochester
My spouse was diagnosed with ALS in September 2010. He passed away February 2012. I cannot say he suffered, but I can say it took a man's man and stripped him of all dignity. Although we laughed and loved right to the end, it was still the saddest thing I have ever gone through in my life. What is sad is the fact that they are aware of everything right until the very end. They do not lose the ability to comprehend their situation. My hubby communicated "I am dying" to me at 5:30 a.m. Wed, and by 1:03 a.m. Thurs He was gone. He acknowledged us with slight sounds during that entire time, as we kept him comfortable with atavan and morphine, so he did not panic and struggle to breathe. I will forever miss my soulmate, but am comforted by the very fact that he is with his mother in heaven. I will live to honor his memory and our love. Although we were only married a little over a year, we were together well over seven years....the best years of my life. Rest in peace h
Sweetheart, I love you now, and I will love you forever!

Thanks to the ALS Association and this forum for everything. A special thanks to the Hrbek/Sing Foundation as well for helping us with the communication issues. I am proud to turn over that machine from Us to You for whoever is the next victim of this disease that netour your help. God bless you all!

Mrs C,

Our prayers go out to you and your family. You are so right about a man's man stripping them of themselves through this monster. You had such a short time since your diagnosis.
You certsinly honor your husband with your words of love. Hope you will stay with us here
and check in from time to time. I'm sure mom is so glad to see her little boy again.
Thank you for what you have given to this forum. Tears are in my eyes as I type for I know I may follow in your footsteps. Peace to you and your family. His battle is over.
Pam

Mrs C,

I'm so very, very sorry for the loss of your husband.
Phil

I'm so sorry! God Bless!

So, So sorry. This disease is so horrible and only seem to happens to the good people who worked hard all their lives. My love is sent to your family.

I'm sorry for your husband's passing. May he rest in peace and may you find peace.

So Sorry to hear about your husband.....My prayers are with you and your family.

May the peace the passes understanding comfort you during this most difficult time. I am so very sorry for your great loss.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Sending prayers for comfort and peace for you and your family.

Mrs. C~

so sorry for your loss. Love & prayers to you and your family at this time.

>>>>HUGS<<<<

Dear Mrs. C
I am so very sorry for the loss of your beloved. Thank you for sharing your private journey with us so that we can open our hearts to you. I will carry you in mine today.

So sorry. Sounds like a brave man who faced this trial with dignity

Please accept my most sincere sympathy. I hope your pain is lessened when you reflect on the love you shared with this wonderful man.

Mrs C,
I'm so sorry to hear of your husband's passing. Sending prayers for comfort and strength during this extremely difficult time.

So sorry for the loss of your husband. Your words of kindness and love of him made me cry......I hope I am half as brave as you! Thank you for sharing your beautiful thoughts at this difficult time. You are in my prayers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back