Diagnosis
12/2010
Country
CA
State
Saskatchewan
City
Willow Bunch
Christmas is almost upon us and I have not been back for quite a while to this forum. December 21 2010 my beloved Ric (Eric ) was given 5 months to live and diagnosed with an aggressive form of ALS. He died 10 days shy of that 5 months and I am still po'd that we didn't get those 10 days. I find that as the anniversary of that dreadful day approaches my mind has been on all of you with and how very much you helped me through those dark days. It saddens me to see just how many have gone. I want you all to know I LOVE YOU and will be forever grateful. My wish for all of you in the New Year is for time. Time to love, time for joy, time for humor, time for rest. Time for anything and everything your heart desires. Mostly I wish for time for them to find a cure. God bless and hugs each and everyone of you tightly. Gail ........................Abbi

I pray for comfort and peace for you and your family as you go through this difficult holiday season! Wish I had some amazing words of wisdom....instead, I'll simply send a big hug
....Take care!

Ruth

Group hug to all who have lost loved ones and to all those still enduring the storm. Praying with every fiber in me that they will find a cure for ALS so that nobody ever has to go through what we have gone through (and are going through now). Love and peace to all of you during this holiday season and a prayer that the new year will open more doors on the way to a cure for ALS. <3 all of you for the support, encouragement, and love that you have shown me as we navigated this storm with my sister.

I am grieving for the loss of Michael, here on the forum...he was a gentle soul, solid in his faith....please pray for his family...anyone who wants to help pals, there is a new committee called ALS-Treat Us Now! Our goal is to fast track the new drugs that are showing benefit to pals...there is a petition for this. If you PM me I will send you the info....there is a thread about this on this forum. God bless!

Same to you sweet lady. I'm so sorry for the loss of your beloved Ric. Big hugs to you and yours. This truly has been a rough couple of months for all of us. I pray for God's loving comfort and protection this Christmas season for you and for us all.

Thank you Ruth a hug always makes me feel better xoxo

Thanks Ms Pie Love and joy to you and yours. God bless you and bring you joy in the coming year xoxo Gail

I too cry for my love whos time was cut so short. Time, if only we had more of it. I get to have all the "Biggies" right out of the gate. My Bran passed away November 20th, Thanksgiving was the 24, December 8 was the anv of our first date, christmas, his birthday (he would be 35) our wedding anv, and then valentines day. If i make it through all of that with out ending up in the loony bin, ill be doing good. I miss him everyday. I cry all day long. Time heals all wounds, if i hear that one more time... Time... we need a cure. If i could give my life for a cure, i would. I just miss him. I would give anything to have him around. His silly smile, his beautiful brown eyes, the way his hand fit just perfect into mine. ... sorrry. i didnt want this to turn into a boo whoo fest.

Pandora, turn it into any kind of boo whoo fest you want to. You guys were totally gypped and it brings tears to my eyes that he was only 35? But you were so lucky – and he was so lucky to have found each other for the short time you two had each other. Some people never get that. It makes it harder now, and there's nothing I can say that even begins to match what your feeling, as I've never gone through what you are dealing with.

I sometimes think it's easier to be the PALS and not the CALS, and God bless all of you! I don't know what's in my future and it does scare me at times, but I have both the will to live and the acceptance that what will be, will be.

My heart goes out to all of you. I think a little happy is better than none at all. Cherish the memories.

Pandora if you need a boo hoo fest you are in good company. Hugs you tightly xoxo

I am very sorry for your loss. Thank you for wishing for all of us to have more time. Your generous and loving words are comforting.

May the new year bring you peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back