Diagnosis
05/2010
Country
US
State
IL
City
Sugar Grove
I just wanted to thank all of you who helped me gain insight as to what my sister's end would be like, or at least what to expect. She passed away a very peaceful death on Sunday September 25th. She never went comatose as expected. Her eyes were opened a slight bit and when you spoke to her you could visably see her reacting under her eyelids right up to the end. Her entire family was there with her, she actually went to her eye doctor on Friday, if you can believe that. On Saturday she held court to numerous family members and friends...it was like she and all of them knew her time was near. I personally felt it would be sometime that week but not 2 days after being out and about. The Hospice nurse came in to evaluate her on Sunday when she became more and more in continual in sleep mode and gave her 3 DAYS....she was gone in 3 HOURS. What a relief that she did not have to lay there for that long.

I do have a story for those of you who believe in those "do-do, do-do" moments. When I went out to the kitchen on Sunday to make coffee for all of us at about 5:00 am. my sister had a little inspirational flip card note pad on her counter. I decided to flip it over to the current date and this was the verse and thought for that day,

Sept 25:
Your sun will never set again, and your moon will wane no more; the Lord will be your everlasting light, and your days of sorrow will end. (Isaiah 60:20) followed by: Earth has no sorrow that heaven cannot heal. (Thomas Moore).

Thus when the Hospice nurse stated 3 days I just knew in my heart that she would not live till Monday. Sunday was HER day and the pastor of her church was standing at her bedside when she died. What a way to go.

Thanks again, while I didn't post to you all, I followed your stories and am praying that everyone here can gain some comfort, both physically and mentally, in the days ahead. God bless you all.

What a wonderful memorial to your sister Thank you for posting. I know she will be missed by all of us left behind.
Big hugs,
Marta

I am sorry for your loss and I know what you are going through. Hospice had told us it would be a couple of weeks before my mom would pass, but we knew it wouldn't be that long. After the next visit from hospice we were told it would be in the next 24 hours. I think my mom was ready to go and she decided the day, and it was a relief not to have to watch her suffer any longer. They are no longer trapped in those bodies.

Dana

Thank you so much for sharing...as a pals it is always comforting to me to hear that death comes peacefully....I am so sorry for your loss and will pray for you and your family.

How comforting. Sorry for the passing of your sister. I believe very much that GOD can allow a person to chose a moment to pass on.I have nursed many people just waiting quietly to lay there eyes and say goodbye to a friend or relative, coming from afar. Once they arrived, kissed, the person smiled and slipped away.

What a beautiful tribute to your dear sister. I'm going to save the Sept 25th passage as comfort. It and your heartfelt words brought tears. My sympathies to you and your family. Your sister is indeed "healed".

How beautiful. My sympathy for your loss.

Thank you for sharing. I am sorry for the loss of your sister but rejoicing that she is no longer suffering. I am going to hang on to that scripture. You story has given me comfort.

Reading your post gave me goose bumps. The good kind... thanks for sharing with us.

Thank you for sharing. May she rest in beautiful peace.

I am glad that your sister's death was peaceful. I know how much comfort that brings to you and your family.

I am so sorry for the loss of your sister, Thank you for sharing such a beautiful passing into His Kingdom. Bless you and your family. She is indeed "Healed".

Beautiful closing story, thank you.

I am glad your sister is out of pain and will suffer no more. I really think there is no ALS up there and she is beautiful doing the things she wants. Stay busy it's going to be hard for you to fill the void but know she is in a better place and you are an amazing sister:)

I am sorry for your loss, my prayers go with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back