Reason
Loved one DX
Country
JP
State
Tokyo
City
Tokyo
Marsha moved on to greener pastures on Tuesday, 20 September. Marsha was here lurking, and there is good reason she was unable to speak with us here, but just trust me on that -- you would have liked her, and she would have liked you. I watched Marsha's last 16 hours via Skype (yes, it's a crazy new world), and I'll have to take a lot of long walks to understand the bittersweet emotions during Marsha's last few minutes as her struggle to breathe finally eased, and she gently faded away.

I want to thank all of you that guided me through this, especially my mentor Ann. You are a rock, Ann. And to those who sort of gravitated to me, you know who are, I would have liked to have met you. We would be buds, I'm sure.

Marsha's brother
Paul

(couple of pictures uploaded)

Last edited:
Paul...I'm so very sorry for your loss. It's good that you got to be with her even at the end. She must have so appreciated your presence on Skype! It's so sad to lose yet another wonderful person to ALS. I hope you find peace and strength during your walks. Yasmin

Paul, my condolences go out to you on the loss of your sister, Marsha. Thank you for all you did for her during her illness. You made a world of difference for her!

My deepest sympathy for you and your family.

I'm so very sorry brother Paul. You know Marsha is at peace now. You did what you could to support her. I hope you also find peace in knowing she is no longer suffering.

So sorry to hear of Marsha's passing. My condolences to you and the rest of your family.

Brother, I'm so sorry to hear about Marsha passing away, my deepest condolences to you and your family. I'm glad to hear that she "lurked" here, I hope it was a comfort to her. I remember when you first came on, and we all had a bit of fun with the "Marsha Marsha Marsha" stuff. I can't believe it took her so quickly and pray that she is at peace.
Helen

So very sorry Paul. Deepest sympathies to you and your family.

Let me leave you with an image that might bring a smile to a few faces:

On this particular day Marsha was mostly unable to communicate. Toni was consoling Marsha, stroking her forehead, and said something to the effect of "There, there, babe, relax. We're all here, you're going to a beautiful place."

Marsha managed to turn her head, rolled her eyes at Toni and said, "Ohh, Gaaawd."

The room bust out in laughter. :rolleyes: = :razz:

Paul, my condolences to you snd your family.

Sorry for the loss of Marsha Paul.

AL.

To all you outside caregivers: Marsha had Devonne coming in for a few months. They bonded fast and thick. The relationship they had was completely different from family, and it couldn't be replaced. There was this honesty and what seemed like a natural skill coming from the heart that we kind of envied. It meant the world to Marsha. I was in awe every time I saw her there doing her magic. Hat's off to Devonne, and all the CALS inside and out.

Paul, very sorry on Marsha passing. My sympathies to you and family.

My deepest sympathy to you and your family! Thoughts, prayers and hugs of comfort are being sent your way!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back