Diagnosis
11/2010
Country
CA
State
AB
City
Leduc County
My beautiful husband, my love, my life, my soul, my salvation, my strength, my joy, my happiness, father to our wonderful girls, passed away two weeks ago at home, surrounded by so much love. We are all so grateful we had made the decision to stay home always and appreciate the fact that we could. It's been a sad time - Bob loved us so much, loved life and wanted to be with us as long as he could. And he did. Bob was a Professor at the University of Alberta and, because of symptoms of ALS, retired in July of 2010. He had planned to give his Last Lecture before he retired but his speech got too slurred. So instead, he turned his verbal lecture into a power point and it was presented at his Last Lecture and Farewell on 23 August. About 400 hundred people came to say farewell to Bob. The room was filled with love for him, his kindness, gentleness, wisdom, friendship, generosity and so much more. I have been receiving cards and emails from all over the world. We have had tremendous support from family and friends and I know that Bob knows this and this gave him some peace before he died. He will not be forgotten by so many and will always remain in our hearts. Always.

I want to say to all of you here who are obviously sharing this ALS adventure to continue your love and devotion, try to be patient, enjoy every second with your loved ones, especially the person with ALS, do as much as possible, and appreciate all that that person has given you and the joy and happiness you've shared for the time you've known them.

Bob was diagnosed on 08 November, 2010. We "talked" so much and in the end I feel that no words were left unsaid. That is a blessing that we all have - we know our lives with the person with ALS is going to be cut short so say what you want to say - cry, laugh, joke, love and live as well as you can.

I send you all strength, love and peace.

Yasmin

Very sorry for your loss Yasmin

Thank you for sharing.

Peace to your family

So sorry. Beautiful tribute. Thanks for sharing.

Yasmin,
So sorry for your loss! Blessings to you and your family.
Linda

Yasmin, what beautiful words, from a special lady, thank you for sharing a glimpse of your soulmate with us. I am so sad that yet another forum member has passed. Blessings to you, your cannily and friends
Aly

Jasmin, thank you for sharing the wisdom from your experience. Bob was a lucky man to have shared his life with you. I'm so sorry for you loss.

Blessings,
Jo

So sorry for your loss. Beautiful tribute. Thank you

What a loving tribute. I am so sorry for your loss. Blessings of peace and strength for you and your family.
Love and light
Meg

Yasmin, so sorry for your loss. You put the post in a beautiful way that showed a sense of peace..I hope that we all may experience that at some point in the ALS journey...whether we be PALS or CALS. Thank you for sharing...and again my condolences.

Very sorry for loss. Thank you for such a lovely posting.

So sorry for your loss. What a beautiful tribute!

Yasmin, I am so sorry for your loss, and what a wonderful tribute you shared with us. Thank you. My prayers for you are for Peace and Comfort. And a big ((HUG))

So very glad that all was said...no regrets. Very sorry though for your loss..HUGS!

My thoughts and prayers are with you. I know and share your pain. Blessings to you and your daughters.

Sorry for your loss Yasmin.

AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back