Reason
Lost a loved one
Country
US
State
WI
City
Beaver Dam
This is not news of a recently lost forum family member, but I thought this would be the appropriate place for this thread...
Tomorrow, Aug 23, it will be the six month anniversary of our dear friend Joel's death.
6 months? How can that be? It still feels so fresh. And when I look through and see how many other family members we have lost since Joel, its heartwrenching.
BUT- in Joel's honor, I'd like this thread to be about good memories of Joel, or other forum family members that have passed...

Joel was the first person to welcome me on this forum. He had his virtual arms wide open and accepted me in- no questions asked. Immediately I felt like I'd known him for years. He was a Godsend, as my initial question couldnt be answered by most because of circumstances. Joel was vented and had little movement left, so was very similar to my PALS. Though I wont repeat what my original question was, lets just say it was more that embarassing and very very personal. But good ol Joel told me not to worry, that nothing was off limits, and that he would help me with any question that I had.

To this day, Joel continues to help me, even though he has been gone for 6 months. His words still resonate in my mind. His caring and giving ways remind me to get over myself and keep pushing on and helping others.

To those of you who have recently lost your PALS, just know that our Dear Joel is in Heaven and is certainly welcoming all the newcomers there, just as he did here.

Love you Joel.

He certainly is missed by many.

AL.

What a lovely person you are Liz.

Joel is sadly missed, but His knowledge lives on in these pages.

Hope you are having fun in heaven Joel. Give Krissy and Terry a great big welcome.
Aly

and our wonderful beth will be right beside him along with amazing irishmarie...........thats if they have not been thrown out for naughty behaviour.

Joel was so very helpful, and he is sure missed like so many others.. Liz hmm bet I know what your question to Joel was..lol

I hope he was there to meet my mom when she arrived in heaven. I know my mother would enjoy meeting Irismarie, they shared the same sense of humor. I think there is a very special spot in heaven for PALS, they certainly deserve it.

Dana

O Liz you re making me cry with the tenderness of your words. Yes, Joel is definately welcoming all pals to heaven...what a beautiful thought that when our time comes we will get to meet these wonderful folks here on the Forum! You are one special lady!

Thank you Liz for sharing with us. You truly are a Gem!

Joel is sorely missed. He gave comfort to so many of us, putting many of our fears to rest. And still does as we search for answers on the posts. His words will live on to help and encourage others with this awful disease.

Thank you Joel for your care and compassion and good advice. You put my heart at ease so many times, Missing you so much.

Joel had such a profound meaning for me also.. Liz and I feel so similar about him, he has and will be such a constant source of strength and inspiration for so many.. I miss his wisdom so much, he was and is one of the most amazing people to ever have touched my life.. He made me believe, in so much that I never ever would have thought.. Thank you for remembering him with me.

I will always consider myself to be one of the fortunate who actually got to meet Joel and to shake his hand and it's still hard to believe that he is gone. Rest in peace dear friend....

Liz,
You nailed it with this story,Joel was a great guy,I miss him also.

Joel is up there with BethU, PDaddy, MTPockets, SharonCA, and so many more. And the husbands and wives of so many wonderful CALS.

lots of good people mention that i have cried about , joel and beth , mtpockets , clippedwings , i miss them all so much and joel helped me the most with his words when i first became a member he pulled me out from my dispear by telling me my son is not going to die today or tomorrow to go spend time and laugh with him and that's what i did ..

Joel recieved his trache a couple months before my mommdid. He was fortunate to adjust immedietly like he was born to have a trache no problems at all with it. Therefore he felt all should go as simple as his did and he was pro vent all the way. He helped me in times when learning with moms, him and Kenny Alber and Diane Huberty. He's helped so many people I think it gave him a purpose and made him available to all that needed his attention. He had wrote me once in an hour of darkness, 'I'm afraid I am having problems with my emotional liability issues, I may be more sensitive then normal'
He is a loving man who loved life, his family, if we all lived our lives as Joel did, getting to heaven ought to be a breeze. I was really hurt when he decided to come off the vent. But I also know there were many reasons most for the exact same reasons he chose to live.

When I was first diagnosed I went to his website. For the first time I had a glimmer of hope. He was an amazing human being.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back