11/2010
Country
CA
State
ON
City
Bowmanville
Hi All,

I haven't too many posts but i did read all the time. I learned a lot about ALS and how to deal with it. I was a CALS.

Well unfortunately ALS has claimed another good one. My mother was 72. 1 week shy of her birthday. She was diagnosed Nov./10. Although she had some bulbar symptoms for 1.5 years. In the end she was surrounded by love ones. She did not suffer which was our main concern.

I did notice in last few months that her progression seemed to come steps where she would level off and then take a big step down. In the end one day she could still sit in her chair, slightly speak, write on her note pad. then 24 hours later she was gone.

I wish you all the best, my thoughts are with you all.

So sorry to hear this, brjak. My condolences to you and the rest of your family.

Sorry about your mom brjak.

AL.

So sorry for your loss
Aly

I am so sorru 4 UR loss. Muy thoughts & prauers R with U.

My condolences to you and your family.

so sorry for your loss xxx Ang

Sorry for your loss. May peace be with you and your mom.

I'm so sorry for the passing of your Mom. I am grateful for her alleviation of the burden you both have been carrying and wish you and she well.
Hugs

I amsorry for your loss, ALS is so awful.

Barry

Very sorry about the loss of your mom....

I am so sorry to hear about your mom. I am grateful for you and your family that her end was peaceful because that is my main concern. MY sister is about her age, she also was bulbar and diagnosed in about the same timeframe after her symptoms began. I know that she is digressing and has poor pulmonary function but thus far still "stumbles" around the house on her own. Once she looses the strength to do her own tube feeding I don't know what we are going to do till the end comes. May you be blessed with wonderful memories of the good times that you had with your mom and be provided with the strength to fill the void in your lives now that she is gone.

I pray you have comfort and peace and am so sorry for your loss, brjak. Thank you for describing her abilities just a day before passing...what a blessing for her.

Ann

I'm very sorry

I'm so very sorry you lost your mother, brjak. May she rest in peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back