Reason
Lost a loved one
Country
IRL
State
Dublin
City
Dublin
My mum's last lap, begun almost two weeks ago, came to an end at lunchtime today. Though she had a very rough time with the effects of infection, the last few days were very peaceful. Today she died very simply, peacefully and without pain. She opened her eyes and simply breathed out her last breath. I was lucky enough to be there holding her hand.

She has been an absolute trooper, battling als day by day, refusing to dwell on illness, preferring instead to enjoy what came her way whenever possible. I am so proud to be her daughter.

So sorry to hear this, Jellycat. My condolences to you and the rest of your family.

Avril, I am so sorry to learn of your mother's passing. She raised a trooper for a daughter and I am sure your tender loving care made it much easier for her as she battled this disease.

My prayers continue to be to give you strength and peace.

Diane

Oh Avril, I'm so so sorry Dear One. You are a wonderful loving woman and daughter. I know your Mum is now at peace. You did all you could to make her journey as comfortable as possible. Much love and many prayers coming your way.
I'm sending loving thoughts your Mum's way too.
Love,
Marta

Dear Avril I just read this. I am so very sorry, I know how much you loved your mum, and you were wonderful to her! Sending you a Giant Hug! Mum fought a hard battle with much courage.

Avril, I am so sorry for your loss. Thank you for all you did for her, as someone who is on the receiving end of personal care I know how hard it is. Please take care of yourself.

Barry

Avril, I've been thinking of you so much in these last few days especially... I'm glad you were able to be there for your mother's passing, as you were there for her in life. May God bless you and your beloved Mum. I'm so sorry.

What a beautiful legacy of courage and spirit to leave with you... I am so sad for your loss, but so happy that your mother was such a wonderful comfort to you throughout such an ordeal. I am praying for you still, Avril... God bless you! Kaye :)

Dear Avril, You have been a wonderful daughter and caregiver, and I know you will miss her even while feeling joy for her new life. You're very special to me and to so many, and my prayers are with you.

Much love,
Ann

Avril I am so sorry about your mum. I am glad she had gentle peaceful passing. It so nice to read that you were so proud of her--I am sure you was very proud of you too. Lots of love to you.
Laurel

Avril
Sorry for your loss,my prayers are with you and family.--------------Hugs Ken

So sorry to hear this terrible news. Take care of yourself....

Avril,

I'm so sorrru 2 hear of Mum's passimg. Sjhe did a womderful job as a mothre as U were a womderful daughtre 2 her. I hold a special placve in my heart 4 U & 4 Mum. Remembvver we R here with our shouldres ready. Much Love 2 U. My thouhgts & prayuers R with U.

Much Love,

Kimnberoy

Thanks for being there for your mother, Avril. You helped to make a world of difference for her. My condolences go out to you and your family.

Kim

God bless you both. She is in a beautiful place with all the angels. You are truly a wonderful daughter taking such care of her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back