Diagnosis
01/2009
Country
US
State
IN
City
Indianapolis
I rarely post on this forum but I can assure you that over the last 2 years and 2 months I have certainly viewed hundreds of times, looking for hope... waiting to see a post on a cure or reason for misdiagnosis. It was 2 years and 2 months ago that my beloved was diagnosed with ALS. It took me many months to even accept it and might I say those were wasted months as looking back I wished we would have accepted it and created a bucket list checking them off every day. This is the most cruel disease I have ever known. This disease that robs you of your body but leaves your mind to fully be aware of the suffering is surely an act of Satan plaguing the best people God ever placed on this Earth. The lack of medical knowledge or interest in research is unbelievable to me. The doctor told us 3-5 years, the doctor told us his best guess on progression was he would not be walking in 2 years, but ALS took him after 2 years and 2 months. I prayed every day that God would restore his body, now I don't even know what to pray about. I'm a lost lamb needing my shepherd but wanting to reject my shepherd at the same time for allowing my heart to be shredded. I need one more day with him, to hear his voice one more time, to touch his face one more time to look into his eyes just one more time, I'd give all that I have for that. I was able to confirm his salvation and tell him that my love for him was immeasurable, I hope he knew how much I loved him. He told me to go on with my life and that "it is what it is"... see he was the most wise man I ever knew and he taught me to give all that you could and try as hard as you can and when you have "it is what it is". He gave it his all, and I'm in awe of him. Allow this post to be my memorial to him. I have followed many of your stories and my heart goes out to you all, if your PAL is still on this Earth please listen to their voice, touch their face, look into their eyes and cherish every moment. I will rejoice with you when Gods plan to end ALS is revealed. BNR1- stands for Believe it and Receive it, I will continue to believe for you and in you all.

BNR1, what a beautiful memorial to your partner. I am so very sorry that you have been through this battle. It sounds like you both fought it bravely, with faith and love. What more can we do, when these things are tossed our way. Your PALS words are wise indeed, and carry with them a certain stillness, acceptance.

You too are equally as wise, encouraging others to get on, accept and enjoy ticking off the bucket list. Thank you.

Praying for you
Aly

BNR1,
What a tremendous heartfelt tribute you wrote. I have a feeling your PAL knew exactly how much you cared. As Aly said, you a wise person.
I truly hope time eases your pain.

Take care of yourself,
Mary

Thank you so much... I'm struggling but Gods grace will get me through- I have to believe that somewhere is this God has a perfect plan, I wish I knew what it was- I feel like I need that "ah-hah" moment so I can go on... thanks again for your kind words

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back