Diagnosis
01/2007
Country
US
State
mn
City
coon rapids
Yesterday we lost my husband, John. He died peacefully during the night with all of our friends and family around him. He was 43 and leaves behind two children, ages 12 and 17. The last day has been such an emotional roller coaster ride. I am so angry at this monstrous disease. I am so sad that my husband and best friend has left me. I am relieved that I am no longer a caretaker and John will not suffer anymore. Through it all, he never asked "why me?". Even though he was only about 110 pounds and paralyzed by the time he left us, he was still the strongest man I have ever known.

Stephie,
I am so sorry for your loss, My prayers go out to you and your children for peace and strength. And congratulate you for being such a loving caretaker to your best friend and husband. May the Father Truly Bless you All.

Stephie, I too am sorry for your loss and for that of your children too. I hope John's strength warms & surrounds you as you mourn him. God bless.

Stephie, I'm so very sorry; my heart aches for you. Please accept my deepest sympathy and prayers as you grieve.

Ann

So very sorry Stephie that this cruel disease has taken away your husband. Bless you and your children as you mourn..

Stephie, I'm glad he's in a better place. I hope you and your children find peace, as well!

I'm sorry for your loss.

I am so sorry Stephie. Much love to you and your children.
Laurel

I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm a near-neighbor in the north east metro, and regret that I never had a chance to meet John. I've seen his website, and I believe you when you say he was a strong man.

- S

Stephanie,
Hey neighbor...you and John seemed to have a deep love and we are inspired by your care for John. Could it really be that we shared the same High School, live in the same city, met our husbands in High school--I think you guys met then--and had to go through this journey with ALS just miles apart. You have been over-the-top excellent in your care, and love and helping the kids, and managing work and paperwork and insurance and well...the list goes on. Praying you will get some rest. John is at peace. I'm a hop away--give a yell--literally or figuratively anytime--you're in good company! A big squeeze to you as a lovely caregiver, friend and wife to John.

Sorry for your loss.

AL.

Stephanie,

You and your children are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you find he peace that John now knows.

Peace be with you and your family.

Stephie,

Please accept my condolences on John's passing. Thank you for all you did for him during his fight with ALS. Your loving care made a world of difference for him.

Kim

Stephie,
Prayers for strength and peace for you and your family
Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back