Diagnosis
10/2008
Country
US
State
VA
City
Cedar Bluff
My daddy Brian Keith Yates left my side on January 25, 2011 at the age of 44. He was diagnosed in October of 08 but had been having symptoms for a couple of months. My dad was the strongest person I know and it was so hard to let him go at the age of 20. When he was first diagnosed he was just having problems with his hands then by December he was tripping and falling, he was in a wheelchair by summertime of 09. On Christmas Eve of 09 he was rushed to the hospital with blood clots in his leg and lungs. Spring of 2010 he finally decided to get the g-tube and things seemed to go way down hill after that, he could barely even move anymore, he couldnt eat, and lost his voice. This past Christmas daddy was in the hospital again with an absess tooth so they decide to do this crazy operation and remove them all but they couldnt put him all the way asleep because of how bad his lungs were. I went to see him when he was in recovery and I asked him if he felt any of it and he blinked his eyes once which meant yes and it broke my heart. He always tried to cover up pain though, he never wanted anybody to think he was in pain and never would take any pain meds not even after that surgery. Ill never forget the night before he passed me and my daughter gave him a kiss and told him we loved him, and just the look on his face before I left kills me its like he knew that was the last time I was gonna see him. Dad told the Dr's he just wanted to see his grandbaby turn 2 and daddy passed away exactly 1 week after her 2nd birthday and a 11/2 before my 21st. I miss my dad more than words can express and I have such a hard time dealing with it but I know hes not suffering and is with Jesus which helps but nothing is gonna change the fact that I miss him and would give anything to have him back (without ALS). I love you and miss you daddy and I will always be daddy's little girl!

What a wonderful dad you had. He must be so proud to have had a daughter like you to look upon. I am so very sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you

Aly

I'm so very sorry for this loss. Your love for each other is obvious, and it's really hard. Please accept my prayers and sympathy.
Ann

It is obvious your love for each other was beautiful. I am sorry for your loss. I will lift you in prayer for God to comfort you. Allow yourself to go through the grieving process and remain your true self. Bless you.

I'm so sorry to read that you have lost your wonderful daddy. He was so young! Take care and blessings to you and your family.
Laurel

for 16 years i raised my little girl and her brother alone. she is my angel she is now 21 and has given me two great grand daughters.its very hard to read your post. I rember her first day of school i bought her a kitten. you sound like you and your daddy have a bond like her and i do. which makes it hard knowing she will one day be in your shoes. I'm so sorry you had to lose your daddy like this.

I'm so sorry for your loss Sweetie. Yes, it's rough to read your story. I feel you in my heart. Sending good thoughts and prayers your way in your time of sorrow. Thank you for sharing with us Dear One. I hope you find peace.

I am so sorry for your loss. I know no words will alleviate your grief, just know that your Daddy is someplace where there is no such thing as ALS. His Spirit will continue to live on in your heart. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

I'm so sorry for your loss. To lose your father, when you're both so young, breaks my heart and brings tears to my eyes.

I am sorry for your loss. Praise God that Jesus took the sting of the grave away and you will see him again. I will say a prayer for you that God brings peace and comforts you! God Bless, Tina

Sorry for your loss.

AL.

I am so very sorry for your loss. Holding you in prayer. Avril

Sounds like you had a wonderful dad! This disease takes so many wonderful people, and I hate it like we all do!

It seems as though you and your dad had a really special relationship. May the happy memories and love you hold help you through. Allow yourself the time you will need to heal and find peace.
I'm so sorry for your loss.

I really appreciate all the thoughts and prayers it means a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back